PDA

View Full Version : noob with to much boost!!

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 05:10 PM
so im still new to all this and i have a sr20det and the garrett gt25r and a lot of other mods, but i bought the car and it had a solid drive and boost. it would max at about 1bar at wot. but i put in the gizmo boost controller and now it drives like shit. it adjusted the times that the boost actually comes in, and im pushing 1.5 bar at wot. which is WAY to much for my turbo isnt it?? i need some advice here. please help

s13silvia123
12-05-2009, 05:19 PM
youre fine with it dont nothing will happen.:)

!Zar!
12-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Take it to someone who knows how to work it.

Why are you buying a boost controller if you don't need one?

Mess around with too much boost and your engine will run too lean and blow you engine.

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 05:31 PM
because im upgrading my turbo soon. probably just the gt28r and get that tuned. what else would i need?

KA240failure
12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
get a gt35r and have some fun :]]]

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
see i was looking at that too and i could do that, but what all would go into me doing that? like what other parts would i need to have modified to have to buy to make it work??

DataXUnknown
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
You should probably do some more research before you even touch your car. By reading what you've posted in this thread, you aren't ready to even work on your car. Learn more, make sure you know what your doing, and do it right.

STessmer
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
You should probably do some more research before you even touch your car. By reading what you've posted in this thread, you aren't ready to even work on your car. Learn more, make sure you know what your doing, and do it right.

Exactly, the setup you have from the sounds of it is way more then you need or can handle. And with the knowledge you have the last thing you wanna do is start swapping turbos and messing with boost controllers.

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
no I totally agree with you guys here. I just need help understanding why its doing this. Like how can I bring it back down so to say. I just wanna bring it to a good level. Right now I can't even have fun with it because as soon as I step on the gas I go straight through the gears and am hitting full boost st like 4 or 5k and 21psi is way to high for the turbo, no? Especially with the way I have the car set up! I just wanna bring it back down to earth

jspaeth
12-05-2009, 09:20 PM
see i was looking at that too and i could do that, but what all would go into me doing that? like what other parts would i need to have modified to have to buy to make it work??

Oh god. You have a lot of research to do man. You don't just throw a GT35R when you first get a 240.

Gonna wanna have a good stable suspension setup, brakes that can handle that much power, clutch upgrade, injectors, engine management, headgasket, fuel pump, etc etc.

There are a lot of mods that are needed to get to that level. Take your time and research first.

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 09:52 PM
list of what I have so far: 300zx calipers,water pump,tomei 1.2mm headgasket, greddy exhaust 3" turbo back, just resurfaced the flywheel, rear diff,tein coilovers, tein tie rods, tension rods, gt25r,tomei stage 1 cam, tomei rocker arm stoper, koyo aluminum radiator, intercooler, xs engineering fuel pump, 300zx fuel filter. I think that's about everything.

Rabboni
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
If it was running fine before you put on the boost controller, and after you put on the boost controller it doesn't run right, then take off the boost controller and put on what was on there before. Yup... its that simple.

kognition
12-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Call Dads Garage (http://www.dadsgaragellc.com/) in La Mesa. Ask for Mark. He will help u figure out your problem.

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 10:33 PM
I have tried doing that and it doesn't change it back cuz the boost controller like changed the tune of the turbo. It just comes in way to stron . I just don't lnow how to tune it to where I only get like 1bar. Right now I don't get traction. Its like power that's just not being used the right way. Idk how to word all this because I'm still new. But I guess I'll just mss with the controller MORE. I can't seem to ever make progress though. If I change the settings I can make the boost come in earlier or later, but either way, I'm still hitting 1.5 bar. I just feel like that's to much of rmy turbo. I don't wanna damage anything

fckillerbee
12-05-2009, 10:39 PM
call a shop. turbos dont tune themselves. this thread is dumb!@!!!!

Max_PSi
12-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Have you looked at the vaccuum hose going to your wastegate? Its that silly little hat looking thing attached to your turbo. Make sure theres a hose attached to it.

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 10:46 PM
yea obviously!!! Stupid fuck. Forget about this, I'm sorry I'm trying to learn more about what's going on with my car. Thanks to all who actually posted something constructive.

Max_PSi
12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
So wait, that fixed it?

kylehoyer
12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
not fixed yet. I'm just don't wanna hear stupid comments like from fckillerbee. I'm gunna call even more shops and see if they can help me. I checked the vacumme hose and its fine. I think I just need a tune. Anyone in socal tune with fc commander. I don't really wanna buy my own

rotas13
12-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Not trying to be a dick, but use the search button, it does wonders! And everyone isnt being mean....or rude. There just sick of people asking the same questions over and over. Just use search and you will most likely find what you are looking for!

hybrid_eg
12-06-2009, 12:22 AM
too much for your turbo? lol.. stop driving you fucking car and take it to a shop that can actually tune a vehicle instead of you trying to figure out something you know nothing about. Your egay boost controller will not tune your car. So take my constructive criticism and do it before you blow your shit up. Thats my .02 cents

kognition
12-06-2009, 03:45 AM
Ok, one last time. Get on the phone and call Dad's Garage (http://dadsgaragellc.com) in La Mesa. Otherwise continue to waste your time. I'm trying to help you here.

not fixed yet. I'm just don't wanna hear stupid comments like from fckillerbee. I'm gunna call even more shops and see if they can help me. I checked the vacumme hose and its fine. I think I just need a tune. Anyone in socal tune with fc commander. I don't really wanna buy my own

kognition
12-06-2009, 03:50 AM
Then why don't you get a tune then? Jesus fuck.

S13 curtis
12-06-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/share.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/share.jpg)

put it back to wastegate pressure until u know what you're doing.

and 1.5bar is way to much for that shitty turbo.

and u deff dont need to go anywhere around a gt35r or be near its presence!!!

shinobis13hb
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
*nice calm voice* take it to a good shop with great rep, dads is a good place. j&G auto in la crescenta, and elegant autosport in burbank those are all good shops. if you think you need a tune then go get a tune. and also your title to this post.. why would a "noob" have something like that under the hood?? go get a single slammer

WA2GOOD
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
hello all....

Not sure why he doesn't just have somebody capable flash tune it through the ECU.
I probably know Mark at Dads garage better than anyone in here, but I am not sure he is or wants to take on any more performance work anymore. I am more than sure we could get it ironed out for him though.

Op, if you need any help PM me....