PDA

View Full Version : car twiching ??(s14)

turbo2nr
12-03-2009, 06:06 AM
driving home i notced my s14 pulls hard to the left or right at random times. i cant figure out hy, it twitches randomly, it pull hard to ither direction for a couple of seconds then when i let off the gass it stops after i slow down.. it doesnt happen all the time but every so often it occurs..

it feels more like the right side of the car is doing it more then the left.. could it be due to worn tie rod ends? it kinda feels like what happens when your toes is off. idk

any help will be appericated.

btw car is a 97 s14 / megan coils. idk if that makes a difference..

slider2828
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Worn tie rod, ball joints, lower arms, tired rack bushings or a shifting rack or a loose subframe will do that to you.... Alignment as well. Check all of them...

fcdrifter20
12-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Worn tie rod, ball joints, lower arms, tired rack bushings or a shifting rack or a loose subframe will do that to you.... Alignment as well. Check all of them...

he is right anyone of theese will cause it. double check all those and make sure the bolts on everything is tight, i have had a couple occasions shere i have seen ppl install some parts and have similar problems, and it was due to them leaving something loose or not putting it on rite

NMs14.5kouki
12-03-2009, 01:27 PM
he is right anyone of theese will cause it. double check all those and make sure the bolts on everything is tight, i have had a couple occasions shere i have seen ppl install some parts and have similar problems, and it was due to them leaving something loose or not putting it on rite

ya what those 2^^ said, ive also noticed it can happen from the tires wearing unevenly, happened to me quite a few times after some drift nights

turbo2nr
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
hmm took a look under my car and saw this

(excuse my ms paint drawing)

http://i50.tinypic.com/351u32t.jpg

the inner tie rod doesnt seem to be bent but its not level with the rack its going on a incline upward, idk why. wierd.

any suggestions?

S14DB
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
It's not level cause you are lowered.

Probably need to replace your tie rod ends at the minimum. May want to get ones with spacers to make them level again.
http://www.splparts.com/main4/parts/S14/Suspension/Multilink/FrontMultilink.htm#Steering

After you replace get an alignment. Deathwobble is not called such cause it is something you can ignore.

turbo2nr
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
yeai was thinking so but why would one side be straight and the other side tilted upwards?

FaLKoN240
12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
It may be a bent suspension component, maybe one side of your car is lowered more than the other.

I would start with replacing the tie rods inner/outer first. They're probably worn and have play in them.

slider2828
12-03-2009, 03:20 PM
There is no why really... LOL so funny... it just happened.... anyways, you just need to get it fixed. check alignment and they will tell you what is wrong....