PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem!

sc0braj
12-03-2009, 12:47 AM
first i would like to say i'm new to this forum, but i have been in manyyy other forums so i basically know the rules.. so i have a 89 s13 coupe with a red top sr20det swap.. interior is completely stripped(exposing all the metal) and there are some uncovered wires.. so anyways i drove to a friends house and stayed for about 10 min then i switched the car into the acc. mode. the lights come on for a quick second, then all the sudden everything is completely dead! i mean DEAD. i tried jumping the battery but still nothing would turn on.. including digital clock, headlights, brake lights, dome light or the door lights.. im thinkin i might've blown the ecu fuse or maybe the ecu itself?!? i hope its just a fuse if there even is one... so its parked infront of my friends house until i get help to figure the problem out.. please let me hear your ideas!

sc0braj
12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
bump! basically the car acts like it doesnt have a battery in it at all, but the battery is good no doubt about it.

SoguRacing
12-03-2009, 01:25 AM
check out your ignition relay or starter relay.

sc0braj
12-03-2009, 01:57 AM
theres no power at all from the battery to anything!!! that doesnt seem like a starter or ignition relay problem. the car cant even crank to know if i have a bad starter or ignition relay. lol

ForcedNduction
12-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Check your battery terminals for corrosion then check all of the connections coming off the positive terminal.

slider2828
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Check your fuses.....

fcdrifter20
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
theres no power at all from the battery to anything!!! that doesnt seem like a starter or ignition relay problem. the car cant even crank to know if i have a bad starter or ignition relay. lol

it wont if u got a bad ignition relay or fuse. dbl check all those then check ur main battery ground and make sure that is bolted down properly. make sure that the battery you're using is good and hasn't leaked anywhere.

SoguRacing
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
check your ground from your battery to your engine block.

sc0braj
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
fixed! somehow the ground wire from the battery shorted out.. bought a battery cable from kragen n she started right up.. lovely!! thanks guys