PDA

View Full Version : couple slips into White House uninvited

g6civcx
11-30-2009, 09:20 AM
What do you think should happen to the couple who slipped through White House security and met the President in the receiving line?

White House says uninvited dinner couple met Obama - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091127/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_uninvited_guests_obama)

The investigation is on-going and more details are slowly emerging.

The local stations are running stories on the couple's lives and it looks like they like to be extravagant but owe many people (contractors, caterers, service people) money and refuse to pay them, according to neighbours who report that vendors usually come to the couple's house to collect bad debt.

They interviewed the hair salon that did the wife's hair and they said she told them the couple was officially invited.

The scheme was apparently a publicity stunt to promote their appearance on the Real Housewives of DC reality show currently being filmed.

Their attorney said:

"They just went to a party. They didn't do anything wrong," Paul Morrison, a Virginia attorney who has represented Michaele and Tareq Salahi in the past, told The Associated Press.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091126/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_state_dinner_uninvited_guests

zylvia213
11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
how the hell DID they get in there lol...

nu_born
11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
In my opinion these morons should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. With the smallest amount of media coverage possible to deny them the attention the obviously so desperately need (wishful thinking right here). I'm sure Secret Service staff are gonna get pinned to the wall on this one no excuse for even letting them get so far.

DALAZ_68
11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
wow... not even 007 style

HalveBlue
11-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Well, I guess they should be prosecuted for trespassing. That's the only law I can think of that they could have broken.

The fact that they made it through a security checkpoint speaks more to the failure of the Secret Service than the success of these two hacks.

g6civcx
11-30-2009, 09:59 AM
how the hell DID they get in there lol...

Since Obama came into office, White House security has been a lot friendlier to visitors to reflect the administration's attitude of government being user-friendly. Some people may feel that it is easier to breach security than with previous administrations.

In my opinion these morons should be prosecuted to the fullest extent

I agree. They should be charged with federal trespassing at the very least.

With the smallest amount of media coverage possible to deny them the attention the obviously so desperately need (wishful thinking right here)

I'm not sure who leaked the story to the press, but making any politician look bad is not good for your life unless you have strong political backing by someone else.

I'm sure Secret Service staff are gonna get pinned to the wall on this one no excuse for even letting them get so far.

To be fair, they posed no physical threat since they did go through physical security screening, but they still had fist and knuckles even if they couldn't :rl:

fckillerbee
11-30-2009, 02:09 PM
damn...just walked right in. lol

S14_Kouki
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I saw this acouple days ago and I think its awesome how this happen.

murda-c
11-30-2009, 02:30 PM
I was at the GW v Oregon game when the Obamas attended, and I wanted to ask one of the secret service agents wtf happened, but I also didn't feel like getting cavity searched...

ThatGuy
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
To be fair, they posed no physical threat since they did go through physical security screening, but they still had fist and knuckles even if they couldn't :rl:

You sure about that? I mean, after all, the last guy was assaulted with a pair of shoes.

:ddog:

murda-c
11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
What if they had anthrax?

j20accord00
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
this just amazes me

ayuaddict
11-30-2009, 06:04 PM
what if they were infected with ebola and they breathed near him?

irax
12-01-2009, 06:35 AM
what amazes me is that people like you guys are spending way too much energy talking about it.

murda-c
12-01-2009, 07:59 AM
what amazes me is that people like you guys are spending way too much energy talking about it.

omgah posting on this forum is a ridiculous energy expenditure guise.

SAVE YOUR STRENGTH FOR OTHER SHIT!

SimpleS14
12-01-2009, 08:20 AM
omgah posting on this forum is a ridiculous energy expenditure guise.

lol

It's plain and simple that this was a social engineering attack.

g6civcx
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
You're criticising that we're wasting time in Off Topic? Stay out of Off Topic then.

It depends on what happened at the gate. If they showed up and nobody objected then they did nothing wrong. If they lied to security then that's different.

There may be other issues like they were invited but no one put them on the guestlist. I want to see the facts come out in the trial.

This ties in with my other thread. Just being seen with the President is a big deal. 5 minutes to talk to the President is a huge deal. He only spends like 1-2 minutes to talk to his generals and cabinet members if that.

irax
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
You're criticizing that we're wasting time in Off Topic? Stay out of Off Topic then.

That is not what I'm criticizing. What I am criticizing is this topic and the fact that it is being discussed. I think it is rather absurd considering the conditions. With all the threats and the psychos that want to kill Obama just because he is black, you would think that security would be ridiculous. The media hype is on purpose, those people were supposed to be there. They are successfully making us talk about it. Honestly I would feel different about it if they had try to take a shot at him. I'm not saying that they should have or that would of been better, because it is not.

ronmcdon
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
You're criticising that we're wasting time in Off Topic? Stay out of Off Topic then.

It depends on what happened at the gate. If they showed up and nobody objected then they did nothing wrong. If they lied to security then that's different.

There may be other issues like they were invited but no one put them on the guestlist. I want to see the facts come out in the trial.

This ties in with my other thread. Just being seen with the President is a big deal. 5 minutes to talk to the President is a huge deal. He only spends like 1-2 minutes to talk to his generals and cabinet members if that.

Well either way security screwed up.
it doesn't speak well of secret service if two ppl can bullshit their way in.

Obama & the Secret Service were lucky they found this mistake without harsh consequences.

What happens to the 2 imbeciles is of much less consequence imo.
I do find it difficult to believe they just stumbled in by accident.

Phlip
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM
That is not what I'm criticizing. What I am criticizing is this topic and the fact that it is being discussed. I think it is rather absurd considering the conditions. With all the threats and the psychos that want to kill Obama just because he is black, you would think that security would be ridiculous. The media hype is on purpose, those people were supposed to be there. They are successfully making us talk about it. Honestly I would feel different about it if they had try to take a shot at him. I'm not saying that they should have or that would of been better, because it is not.
You are aware that you clicked on this topic, and that even in your chiding people for discussing it you have joined the discussion, right?

g6civcx
12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Some new evidence came to light. A senior official in the Pentagon admits to communicating with the couple about the event, but does not admit that the tickets were confirmed.

It's not clear to me if there were any wrong-doing.

ronmcdon
12-09-2009, 10:12 AM
it would be hilarious if this turned out to be a casual misunderstanding.

g6civcx
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
The local stations are trying to do character assasination on the couple.

They ran stories about how they owe people money and would not pay. A judge recently ordered the guy to pawn the watch he was wearing when the picture was taken to pay off some debts.

Bubbles
12-09-2009, 06:17 PM

I literally shit my pants earlier because I had already used all my energy eating the food.

nixad
12-09-2009, 06:22 PM

people like you amaze me, thinking you can change the way people act

you remind me of this jack i heard at school talking to people how we should stop talking about tiger woods just becouse something happened to him. i said jack stfu you just added fuel to the fire.

drift_limo
12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
You sure about that? I mean, after all, the last guy was assaulted with a pair of shoes.

:ddog:

:bowrofl::bowrofl:

But seriously I mean when Bush was in office it was a tight and not so easy to get in the white house...
Obama gets in and BAM people are gettin in lefft and right

didnt someone drive up to the white house like a few days ago with a mini-van?? I think I saw that on msn news i think

g6civcx
12-15-2009, 08:12 AM
people like you amaze me, thinking you can change the way people act

you remind me of this jack i heard at school talking to people how we should stop talking about tiger woods just becouse something happened to him. i said jack stfu you just added fuel to the fire.

I'm tired of helping stupid people in Tech. It's the same thing over and over from people who don't even bother to do just a little research before asking questions.

95% of the news is for entertainment. What do you really use from the news other than traffic and weather, and possibly some financial stuff? Do you operate on such a global scale that world events really affect you?

That's why forums have topics separated into threads. We don't have a huge stream of consciousness where you have to sift through everything. If you don't like something, don't go into the thread. Simple.

:bowrofl::bowrofl:

But seriously I mean when Bush was in office it was a tight and not so easy to get in the white house...

How do you know? Did you personally go into the Bush White House?

Obama gets in and BAM people are gettin in lefft and right

didnt someone drive up to the white house like a few days ago with a mini-van?? I think I saw that on msn news i think

Obama wants security to be more user-friendly so people will perceive the administration as more inclusive to the public. You decide if it's good or bad.

ronmcdon
12-15-2009, 11:22 AM
any updates on this farce?

g6civcx
12-15-2009, 11:34 AM
That is not what I'm criticizing. What I am criticizing is this topic and the fact that it is being discussed

I find your correction funny :kiss:

g6civcx
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
any updates on this farce?

Tareq was ordered to give up his watch as seen in the photo to pay off his debt; however, the watch turned out to be fake. The watch was thought to be worth about $15,000 but it was appraised at only $100.

Someone (the news didn't say who) paid his debt off and the watch was returned.

They should have sold the watch and paid off the dozen of other people he owes money to.

ronmcdon
12-15-2009, 12:16 PM
lmao, the mystery unfolds