PDA

View Full Version : disconnecting rear brakes

icer
05-22-2003, 12:40 PM
I don't know if this is possible or recommended, but i have a major problem with my rear passenger side brake and I can't get it fixed till tuesday, i need to drive the car and its grinding to the point i don't think i can. Is there any way to disconnect my rear brakes untill i can get them fixed?

thanks

john

Dousan_PG
05-22-2003, 12:56 PM
my GUESS is off the brake master cylinder. remove the hardline and plug that hole.

not sure on that though..

kandyflip445
05-22-2003, 12:59 PM
If it's grinding all the time there isn't anything you can do about it. If not then do what dousan said or do it at the caliper. Just a note...you shouldn't drive without brakes....even if it's just one of them...and I'm suprised dousan didn't say anything about that.:p

mrmephistopheles
05-22-2003, 03:20 PM
if nothing else, try setting your ebrake as high as possible a few times, that might help you out
otherwise, don't worry too much about it. it won't hurt anything or be dangerous

RedlineRacer
05-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Can you tell where it is coming from? I accidentally bumped my dust shield behind my rotor one day. I thought I had a caliper stuck or something, but I just had to push the shield back and it fixed my problem. It made a horrible noise whenever I turned or went in reverse.