PDA

View Full Version : KA ticking noise

Almedarj
11-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Ok so heres the problem there is a ticking noise that begins when i get above 3k rpm, now i just had the engine redone but the warranty expired a month ago lucky me. so the shop said they not responsible i dont blame them i know i wouldn't want to be either. but i do know it not the chain tensioner sound i had that issue before and sounds completely different. any one have any ideas and a shop that they recomend

Sileighty_85
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
check to see if the upper timing chain guide was removed.

Rasty180SX
11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Check your lifters...I had to change mine and the noise went away

SlideKing92
11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
I have the same problem if it sounds like its coming from the front of the engine its the timing chain guide, I have a shop will highly recommend depending where you are in CA PM me and i will give you all the info and the price they quoted me to fix that same problem

fcdrifter20
11-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Ok so heres the problem there is a ticking noise that begins when i get above 3k rpm, now i just had the engine redone but the warranty expired a month ago lucky me. so the shop said they not responsible i dont blame them i know i wouldn't want to be either. but i do know it not the chain tensioner sound i had that issue before and sounds completely different. any one have any ideas and a shop that they recomend

is it single cam or twin cam???? how many miles since the engine was rebuilt??

gots13?
11-28-2009, 08:41 PM
hey bro i have the same problem with the timing chain I'm in Arcadia how much was it to fix?

Almedarj
12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
the timing chain issue was fixed for 250 at a shop in industry ran by some dude named johnson and ill check my lifters

Shadowhunter
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't pay for someone to do this it is fairly simple and straightforward. New valve cover gasket, remove valve cover bolts in order and carefully.
Make sure your engine is CYL #1 TDC. Remove and mark distro. remove lower cover, Unscrew 2 bolts on two timing chain guides, replace valve cover gasket, and done. Should take 2-3 hours if you have never done it before and are being really careful.

M11's
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Check your lifters...I had to change mine and the noise went away

having the same problem. all you did was change the lifters on each valve nothing else to fix ticking?

spooled240
12-01-2009, 07:59 PM
the ticking sound may be valve lash, you'll have to check your valve clearances and compare them to the tolerances specified in the FSM. Basically you get a feeler gauge and see how much clearance you have from the cam and the lifter when the valve is completely closed (and the cam is not touching the lifter at all of course)

Almedarj
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
hey guys thanks for ideas and help i'll check on it tomorrow after work

blue rexsti
01-05-2011, 09:54 AM
any updates?