PDA

View Full Version : Engine and Fuel pump. How many amps do they pull?

lv240s14
11-23-2009, 07:51 PM
I am using 2 high amp electric fans equally like 50 amps and seeing how the sr alternator only pumps out about 80 I need to know how many amps a SR pulls and how many amps the walbro fuel pump pulls. So that way I don't put the fans in and then turn them on and fuck myself.

g6civcx
11-23-2009, 09:00 PM
how many amps a SR pulls

The engine itself doesn't use as much electricity as the acessories.

If you want to know the exact electrical load you can measure it yourself.

how many amps the walbro fuel pump pulls

It's best to contact the manufacturer for specs on the pump motor, or at least get your vendor to ask for you.

So that way I don't put the fans in and then turn them on and fuck myself.

50A is maximum pull. Nominal current draw is something like ~20A.

You're going to be okay IF you run a separate fuse and relay for the fans. Do NOT piggyback the fan power off the fuel pump relay.

lv240s14
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM
The engine itself doesn't use as much electricity as the acessories.

If you want to know the exact electrical load you can measure it yourself.

It's best to contact the manufacturer for specs on the pump motor, or at least get your vendor to ask for you.

50A is maximum pull. Nominal current draw is something like ~20A.

You're going to be okay IF you run a separate fuse and relay for the fans. Do NOT piggyback the fan power off the fuel pump relay.

yeah i should really get a volt meter to measure I just thought someone would know off hand.

Yhea the car has a painless wiring harness and each fan will get its own circuit. the Derale fans i think use 15 on low and 25 on high and they are always on high.