PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE high idle and not wanting to start

asiandude15
11-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Alright, so first off my car was running absolutely fine a couple days ago before any of this stuff started happening. So, my car was absolutely fine and then I parked for like 5hrs a few days ago. I go to start it it doesn't want to start. I don't touch it till morning when the sun comes out and then I pop the hood and try to start the car to figure out the problem. Then to my surprise the car starts right up. A couple of days pass and about midday I go to turn my car on and then all the sudden the idle is incredibly high like 1300 to 1500. I literally can let go of the clutch completely in 1st gear and the car will move and not die! I'm like what the heck is going on, so I check my throttle cable and check to see if I have an air leak anywhere. Eveything checks out then I go and park the car. I come back about 1hr later try to start it. It turns on bit doesn't stay on for even 10 seconds and only goes to about 500 rpm and does. Then I crank it again and it doesn't want to start so I crank it and crank it for about 30 seconds to 1 minute an then it starts very roughly before high idle again. So, as of right now it's been doing this, I've had to crank it for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before the car starts roughly and idles high. Anyone have any ideas whats wrong? I've checked my throttle cable and no air leaks anywhere. The motor is bone stock!

jworks
11-23-2009, 04:15 AM
sounds like similar problems I have. Did a random guess and checked the spark plugs they were pitch black. This fixed my problem.. for now but I have a problem with my throttle position sensor, I'm assuming because its not working correctly its causing to dump more fuel in than usual. So check your TPS or something

krabstarr
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
intakwmanifold gasket maybe! unplug the maf and see how it runs

stunnaben
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
unplug the tps it should idle normal... if so it may be your tps

J90lude
11-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Hmmmm.....

asiandude15
11-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I was smelling a whole lot of fuel when I was turning off the car. I pulled my plugs and wires and I think my wires are on their way out and my plugs were real foul!!! Well I cleaned everything but I found this weird like yellowish sticky substance inside where my wires connect to my plugs. I cleaned it an then put everything back and unplugged my tps and rerouted the wire a diferent way cuz it was kinda stretched out. Well now it runs like normal again sorta and the only problem is sometimes one of my plugs isn't firing cuz 1 sparkplug wire is not wanting to stay connected to the plug and when I go to brake the car wants to almost die but I'm sure it is because of the 1 wire. But I'm getting new wires and plugs this week and hopefully it will work like a champ again. Ohh yeah and my TPS wire is no longer stretched out but has some slack now. The car idles normal when I first start the car.

M11's
11-25-2009, 11:13 PM
is there any effect when the car is warmed or cold?

Mine when at running temp, if i turn it off i have to wait few minutes for it to cool or something before it will start up again. first start in the morning is tuff like its not getting enough fuel. idle is also high like yours and sometimes normal.