PDA

View Full Version : Wiring, IACV, or MAF???

n8RPS13
11-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I have a 90 that is giving me several problems. It was running fine the first couple of months after I bought it and then the push button start the previous owner put in broke and blew out a fuse which I replaced. I then took out the push button and when I try to start it It makes a "CLICK" it takes anywhere from 3 to 15 try's before it will start then runs fine. I checked over the wiring and the previous owner ran power cable from the positive side of the battery to the starter and took out the stock power wire but left it in the loom. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I have a feeling it might be something going on with the alarm system too.

The next thing is that it started idling low then high never above 1500 and when I would try to accel from a dead stop I press the gas and it just boggs down and almost stalls doesn't back fire but will catch itself and then dumps black smoke it also happens when I downshift as well.

Now the Alarm will not activate the keyless entry and it DOES NOT start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I don't have that much time as I am in the Marine Corps. and I have never owned a single cam 240 I dont want to spend a lot of money on fixing a motor that I am just going to swap out.

n8RPS13
11-22-2009, 12:55 PM
REALLY!!! 33 views and no replies!!! WTF!

GSXRJJordan
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like the typical Honda/Toyota/DSM/240sx alarm wiring nightmare. The first thing I do when I get these cars is disable the alarm, and make sure everything works without it.

As far as the positive wire from the battery to the starter, that's how they're wired from the factory ~ the battery terminal's fattest wire actually goes straight to the starter. The solenoid wire (smaller ~10ga wire coming off the starter) is the one that probably goes to your push button start.

n8RPS13
11-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey thanks a lot for your suggestions I have been planning to disable the alarm but dont really know where to start... from the battery, alarm, or wiring harness? Everything had been working as far as lights, windows, even the cruise. So hopefully it will still all work after I remove it. Any suggestions? Thanks again!!