PDA

View Full Version : ac bracket

pandapruitt
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
can some post pics of the bracket they use on a sr with a ka compressor

mattsil80wis
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
You will need a codyace conversion bracket to make AC work on your car. I've used one on my blacktop now for 2 years, and love it.

Ceepo
11-22-2009, 01:50 PM
i just bought one a few months back for my redtop in s14 best investment on my motor imo... kept my insainly cold ac for 115 bucks(bracket, hardware, belt) dont be a jerk and steal his design just fork the cash out and buy it... Codyace

pandapruitt
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
im just broke and i was gonna see if i could rig up something

obsolete
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
where is the thread where he explains everything needed? i cannot find it anywhere

0wn3r
11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/engine/153792-ac-brackets-all-s13-s14-any-sr20-setup-finally-simple-solution.html

codyace
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I was emailed, and finally convinced to come back on here. Long hiatus, but this site was imposing on school work, and that's a no go. I'm not wasting my army school money to fail because of a forum ya know?

I still make these brackets, and have them in stock as well. I'm on my newest design, which fixes most issues. Belt issues solved, and on S14 blacktop brackets, I seemed to have found out the issue being a derivative of the Aussy Market/JDM market engines, and have that issue fixed through a slotted hole.

With anything, I have fixed every issue I've ever had with these brackets. I'm on email all day long, and can answer questions there best (not always on forums...heck hardly at all anymore...email is the way to be)

However can you make these brakcets yourself: (HERE IS A PIC OF ONE OF FIRST KITS, MADE BY HAND)

http://www.codyace.com/albums/album243/IMG_1098.sized.jpg

The short answer is: YES...hell that's how I made my first kits....but buy the time you measure, cut, screw up, re cut, remeasure.....it's a lengthy process. I had a CNC shop copy my brackets, make CNC versions, and have sold them ever since. By the time I bought materials, i could have it made...I'm all abotu DIY stuff, but I'm not about wasting time. Time = Money (We own a family business, maybe thats why I think that way).

CNC Version:
http://www.codyace.com/albums/album243/kit3_jpg.sized.jpg
email me ([email protected]) to purchase them.

0wn3r
11-24-2009, 08:22 AM
my only suggestion since they weren't aluminum was to maybe put some rust treatment or coating on them.

ManoNegra
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
my only suggestion since they weren't aluminum was to maybe put some rust treatment or coating on them.

anodizing, usually cost is not so bad if you spread it over many parts
since it's typically a lot charge.

codyace
11-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Agreed. I left these uncoated, as it allows the end user to paint them any color they want.

I may eventually offer powdercoating, but I gotta find a good oven first. Looking at the eastwood kits for some small stuff I wanna do at home.