PDA

View Full Version : tinting

p0onsta
11-20-2009, 05:47 AM
so i have really scratched up glass, and i can't afford to replace it. that makes night driving sucky because of the glare.

the car being low also makes night driving sucky.

i want to be comfortable driving at night. if i can help it, i wouldn't get it tinted. a blue side mirror would be best, but sadly there aren't any applications that fit an s14, and i heard that applying blue tint to a mirror is garbage.

legal tint is 70%vlt, and i've been told that's close to NOTHING. I don't want tickets either. I'm leaning toward 35%, and people have been telling me that they don't get bothered by cops for 35%.

so the questions are these:

is there a blue side mirror from some oem that fits the s14?
is there an auto-dimming center rear view mirror that utilizes the s14 roof mirror mount?
is the scratched glass polishable? any recommended shops?
I'm in nyc. would 35% tints get me in trouble? It should be okay in most cars, but 240s are small, loud, wide wheels, etc, everything to draw a cop's attention to it. Any experience? Pics? I'm in NYC, NJ/Clifton area.
Does anybody have pics of 70% tint? How is it? Does it at least block glaring headlights?
With either 35% or 70% tints, how is night driving on completely desolate roads with no streetlamps?

hotlavaflow
11-20-2009, 06:09 AM
I have 20% all around and no problems so far. But that really is pushing it. 35% should be no problem. But are you talking about the regular windows or the windshield cause you mentioned glare?

I know guys who have done their windshields but just with a bronze tint or 35% smoke. I've seen one guy around the way that has his windshield pretty much limo but he runs red lights 24/7 and sh*t so I figure he's off duty NYPD.

p0onsta
11-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Ah, sorry I forgot to mention. I'm thinking about rear, rear quarter, and sides. Not a fan of mismatched tints, at all. No tints on the windshield.

Know of a good/cheap tint shop? Price? Thanks!

drftcrzy
11-21-2009, 07:22 AM
As far as the side mirrors, i have the blue tinted glass out of a Maxima in my S13. I just went to a junk yard and popped the glass out and it was a perfect fit. Not sure bout the S14 but you could try or check.