PDA

View Full Version : suspension

lodder
05-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey,

Just did my sr20 swap. I had put in Eibach Pro Kit springs in and tokico shocks. The sr is a hell of a lot lighter than the KA24de motor that was in it. Now my car is higher in the front than in the back. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem with this and could suggest me something that would fix the problem. I could get fully adjustable jic's or some cusco's but I don't have 1500 to do that. (more money in the motor the better) Please advise.

lodder

Jeff240sx
05-20-2003, 08:59 PM
It's only a 3 pound difference, so don't go saying "It's a hell of a lot lighter than the KA," cuz it's not. 490# vs. 493#.
The problem is, I think, that the SR is a physically smaller motor, and sits further back. Pair that up with the loss of the battery (moved to trunk) and you've thrown off the weight distribution.
There's the problem... I don't really have a solution.
-Jeff

Jsquared
05-20-2003, 10:00 PM
also when the engine is out of the car and the nose is sitting WAY up (like mine is now :D) the shocks kind of "settle" there. drive around a bit, lean on the nose to bounce them around a bit while it's parked, should help 'em settle back down. same thing happened on my roommate's Foxbody 4cyl-to-302 swap...

lodder
05-21-2003, 05:13 AM
thanks alot man. ifgured that might have been the problem. I DO know that there is only a 3 pound difference. (Last year Sport Compact Car Magazine).