PDA

View Full Version : 97 s14 5 speed swap wiring question

jin8544
11-19-2009, 04:27 PM
can i use the lower automatic wiring harness or do i have to get 5speed lower harness?

kikcaffine
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
You can use the lower auto harness you wont have reverse lights though. On my 96 thats how it was, you need a 5spd ecu though. You will throw a bunch of CEL's if you dont. I've got one if you need it.

g6civcx
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
You can use the lower auto harness you wont have reverse lights though

The reverse lights are wired to the inhibitor switch on the auto. There is no separate sensor wiring on the lower harness.

You can reuse the auto harness if have the connector with pigtail to the reverse sensor. Wire the reverse sensor to the body harness.

projectRDM
11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
can i use the lower automatic wiring harness or do i have to get 5speed lower harness?

We talk about this weekly. Funny no one can read all the millions of other replies.

But think about your question. How does using a manual lower harness help you? The chassis is an automatic. So nothing you would need for a manual car will be found in the chassis wiring. Using a manual harness gains you absolutely nothing. Use what you have, hardwire as all the numerous writeups all over the internet tell you too.