PDA

View Full Version : KA24E startup issues

Xise
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I know i have seen a post or 2 on other forums about this same issue but none here so I figured i would ask here. Whenever i go to start the 240 it will turn over for almost 20 secs before it starts and it will idle rough for a few seconds....however if i turn it over for only s second or 2 and stop, then try to start it again it fires right up and idles smooth...just wondering why it is being all strange like that.

Currently i have my egr blocked and aiv off with a nickle on each tube. would that have anything to do with it?? I don't imagine I would but you never know.

Also whenever i turn the key to the on position my wipers go across all slow and stupid, not sure if it is a wiring issue or just a crossed wire who knows. Not sure if it is related but something is also draining the battery, I would say alternator but the car isn't registered i only start it now and then to keep it alive....I know it is a lot of stuff but i am seeing if anyone has the same issues as these cars are old and have similar quirks and problems.

almost forgot also, I had the HUD dash and the digital speedo only comes on if I cross the wires for the radio or whenever it feels like it....so I am def thinking it has some wiring issue, maybe loose grounds somewhere, the prev owners stereo wiring job was horrendous so I don't know what i am in for, I fear the worst.

Shvltme93Notch
11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
im starting to think my issue might be a plugged or blocked cat. old enough to start failing and it seems like some of the larger bmws i have messed with have had the same problem/symtoms.

Xise
11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
not for me my cat is a brand new catco cat, i haven't checked my fuel system but others with brand new injectors/fuel pump still have this issue