PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems, Need some advice

R Drifter
11-18-2009, 08:03 PM
So some douchbags decided to steal my front left silvia corner light:mad: and fucked up the the wiring cause now when i hit the brakes the front corner lights go on and so does my dash light. I also notice that when i have the lights on my tailight and the center tailight lamp on the trunk preety much stay on like if i was hitting the brakes and light up just a bit more when i step on the brakes but not very noticable, i just want to get that shit fixed cause i dont want to end up getting slamed from the back when im in traffic n shit, any help would be greatly apreciated:bow:

R Drifter
11-21-2009, 12:27 AM
gonna probably have to take it in to someone that know what their doing cause i cant seem to figure out what the hell is wrong just wanted to bump this up to see if any one might have any insight reagarding the problem

ForcedNduction
11-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I just fixed the exact same problem on a friend’s car. Turned out it had the wrong stop lamp bulb Check all of your stop lamp bulbs and make sure they have 2 filaments. When you mistakenly place a single filament bulb in its place it will cause this problem... When you apply your brakes power will hop across to your running lights at that single filament bulb causing all of your running lights to turn on along with your center brake light.
If you don’t know the difference between single and dual filament bulbs you can disconnect one of the stop lamps and apply your brakes to isolate which side is causing the problem.

Oh yeah and for your front left corner light being stolen, separate any loose wires and put electrical tape on it until you get a replacement.

Good luck I hope this helps

M11's
11-21-2009, 01:02 AM
what a bunch of scum bags. come along and tear parts from your car. i hate thieves

ForcedNduction
11-21-2009, 01:06 AM
what a bunch of scum bags. come along and tear parts from your car. i hate thieves

I agree some people think parking lots are their own personal junk yards