PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

Surf Ninja
05-19-2003, 05:38 PM
okay simple question

gettin my 95 240 this wed and plannin on doin swap after si is sold what do i do about the gauges. i mean i know with the swap and everytin the redline ain't gonna be 6500 and the cars gonna go faster than 120mph so any good advise on where to get some silvia gauges or another alternative

ps what is the sr rev limited to and does the stock turbo pull to then

thanks
-Anthony

Jsquared
05-19-2003, 06:19 PM
most of this stuff could be searched, but i'm feeling nice today.

stock SR revs to 7500rpm, stock turbo on stock boost (7psi) runs out of breath a bit up there, but turning the boost up will solve that somewhat :D don't worry about the speedo, if you're running out of room you're gonna get arrested anyway :D if you really need to know speed that high, just remember you're revs and what gear you were in and do some simple math or find an internet gear ratio spreadsheet/converter.

as far as gauges, for an S14 you can probably just get an S14 gauge cluster or tach, or (gasp, please don't) get a ricey gigantic tach.

don't forget boost gauge! EGT and oil pressure wouldn't be a bad idea... i'm swapping a '92 and i've already gotten the boost gauge, and plan on getting the EGT by next month...

Steeles
05-20-2003, 07:23 AM
the S14 tach goes to 8000 anyway no need to replace it it works fine. speedo.. why bother? if your going faster than the posted speedlimit who gives a F? your gonna be screwded if the cops get you or if you hit something anyway so whats the point? besides the untill you ge the speed limiter removed you will only get to 120 anyway.

Surf Ninja
05-21-2003, 07:16 PM
thanks guys yeah i tried to search but it pulled up like 5 million threads and true i was lazy

thanks for being nice