PDA

View Full Version : Redline Time Attack finals this weekend at Auto Club Speedway

kognition
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
http://kognitiondesign.com/REDLINE-FLYER.jpg

UNITEDMASTER
11-12-2009, 11:54 AM
YEA YEA Im coming out to watch & hang out. I will look for you,Mike !!! Im very interested in seeing the super session,will it actually be a race or a run away .

HEY, is anybody from here gonna run on SAT in HPDE, Im down to help out,LMK .

kognition
11-12-2009, 01:20 PM
They usually put the fastest cars in the back. Do one warmup lap, then it's balls to the wall from there. See you there.
YEA YEA Im coming out to watch & hang out. I will look for you,Mike !!! Im very interested in seeing the super session,will it actually be a race or a run away .

HEY, is anybody from here gonna run on SAT in HPDE, Im down to help out,LMK .

Paul2x
11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll be there with the AE Performance gang running their 370z

See you guys their!

dirtdiggler666
11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I gunna try and make it out, thanks for posting this mike.

kognition
11-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Check out Mike Bonanni's 370 this weekend. I just designed a street class wing for it. Badass!

See you guys their!

Weedm
11-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I'll make it on Sunday.

articdragon192
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM

See you guys their!

Congrats on 1st place!

kognition
11-16-2009, 11:15 AM
x2! Great work guys. :bigok:
We had some issues with the new wing on Mike's Z. So back to the drawing board this week.

Congrats on 1st place!

kognition
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Our other sponsored team PTUNING took FWD Mod championship! These guys had no real budget, and got alot of financial backing from their Scion forums to help get them out here from the east coast. Incredible dedication. They blew the head in the first half, but had a 12 point lead over the nearest competitor. So they clinched it!
Here is driver Ross, and me on the left.
http://kognitiondesign.com/auto-club.jpg

kognition
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Paul, what was all the talk about Paul Walker? The girls in our garage were all excited, lol. Was he there? I never saw him. But i had my head down most of the day working.

See you guys their!

Paul2x
11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Thanks Mike, and Edgar!

Mike, sorry I didn't get to come by and say hi while you were helping out the DD crew but Mike from DD has been keeping me in the loop on the progress pic's you were sending before he got the finished product. Looked great!

We could really, use one on our car! Espically at this last event.

My first time running the roval and it was SCARY espically w/ no aero, but we pulled through, I took 1st and Rich landed 3rd.

In the pic's you can see desperate attempts to settle the car, we threw on a make shift wicker to help out a bit.

Proper Aero is next on the list!

Thanks again!

-Paul

http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/gallery/event_coverage/redline_%20time_%20attack_%20auto_%20club_%20speed way_2009/0363.jpg

http://aeperformance.com/upload/images/tdfinal.jpg

http://aeperformance.com/upload/images/aegrid.jpg

autobahNESSA
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
RAD!! Congratulations to you, Paul, and AE! Awesome awesome :D

kognition
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Mike had a hard time before i showed up with the wing. He had no spoiler because i destroyed it trying to remove the damn thing last month. The uprights came out great, but the new wing was producing alot more downforce than we expected. And the wing cracked. Unbelievable. So at least we found the weak points on the Z wing setup. Learned alot with that.
http://kognitiondesign.com/370z-wing-installed.jpg

[QUOTE=Paul2x;3139190]Hey Thanks Mike, and Edgar!

Mike, sorry I didn't get to come by and say hi while you were helping out the DD crew but Mike from DD has been keeping me in the loop on the progress pic's you were sending before he got the finished product. Looked great!

We could really, use one on our car! Espically at this last event.

My first time running the roval and it was SCARY espically w/ no aero, but we pulled through, I took 1st and Rich landed 3rd.

In the pic's you can see desperate attempts to settle the car, we threw on a make shift wicker to help out a bit.

Proper Aero is next on the list!

Thanks again!

-Paul

Paul2x
11-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah Mike the wing looked great and felt solid, Can't believe it created as much down force as it did.

Aero is definently next on the list so we have 5 months to figure something out. Also heard their changing up the rules a bit so will be interesting to see the outcome of that for each class.

I'd love to run your products so I'll shoot you a call in the near future and we can chat some more!

Thanks again for all the great comments guys!

:bow:

GripTerror
11-27-2009, 09:59 AM
At what speed did you get up to in order to get it to crack? Fascinating :)

kognition
11-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Cool Paul,
Just hit me up anytime. I am driving the Silvia next season at eight of the events. The 370Z wing i spec'd specifically for the street class rules. I mean, we literally pushed the rules to the maximum. The scrutineers were like WTF? This wing is too big lol. Then they measured it, and bowed down. :naughtyd:
Since that test misshap, i increased carbon content by 30%. And made some other internal support changes to the design. Mike will be testing V2 wing at the customer appreciation track day next month.

Yeah Mike the wing looked great and felt solid, Can't believe it created as much down force as it did.

Aero is definently next on the list so we have 5 months to figure something out. Also heard their changing up the rules a bit so will be interesting to see the outcome of that for each class.

I'd love to run your products so I'll shoot you a call in the near future and we can chat some more!

Thanks again for all the great comments guys!

:bow:

kognition
11-27-2009, 01:21 PM
It cracked at only 120MPH Mike said. :duh:

At what speed did you get up to in order to get it to crack? Fascinating :)

GripTerror
11-27-2009, 03:19 PM
That is amazing lol... :duh: I can't wait to get mine :) Take your time, like I said I'm patient :) I love to see the effort and quality you put into your work. Two thumbs up man. Since mine will be slightly wider, it makes me ponder LOL. Exactly what I wanted, MONSTER downforce :D

kognition
11-27-2009, 04:02 PM
You ordered a 72" i think right?

That is amazing lol... :duh: I can't wait to get mine :) Take your time, like I said I'm patient :) I love to see the effort and quality you put into your work. Two thumbs up man. Since mine will be slightly wider, it makes me ponder LOL. Exactly what I wanted, MONSTER downforce :D

GripTerror
11-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Ya LOL widebody s13 hatch, take your time, I have a smile from ear to ear :) This shit sounds intense already. Have to wait out winter before I can run it anyways :)

Paul2x
11-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Awesome! We'll I'll be out of town that weekend but I'll be sure to follup with your or Mike to hear how V2 worked out.

For next season were defently going to need it!

Have a great holiday!

kognition
12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
V2 you can stand on. I stand on them, and i am 228lb's. Were talking both feet together, and standing in the center of the wing. 7lb's. So testing is a good thing. :bow:
Awesome! We'll I'll be out of town that weekend but I'll be sure to follup with your or Mike to hear how V2 worked out.

For next season were defently going to need it!

Have a great holiday!

GripTerror
12-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Sounds good... keep us up to date and keep bettering the wing :D

kognition
12-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Will b sending out another group email this weekend.

Sounds good... keep us up to date and keep bettering the wing :D

WA2GOOD
12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Glad to see your on top of sorting the wing out, Mike. ;)

GripTerror
12-18-2009, 07:42 PM
:D it's the 18th

kognition
12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Final testing was a success. Yesterday at Willow Springs (http://kognitiondesign.com/370z.html)