PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det swap

951's 330i
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone doing a s14 sr20 swap to my cousins s14. We got a plug an play harness but were not sure what the last few plugs go to, thr car was once a auto http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/Youngblazin/photo-1.jpg. Also we installed a godspeed intercooler but not sure on that to can someone tell me what is suppose to go to these openings http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/Youngblazin/photo.jpg

951's 330i
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Ok well since no one has said anything, imma just input what i found but not sure if its right. While searching for the harness problem, i think i might of found what they are

Saw another member had the same problem on a different forum but the only thing is im not sure if its the same plugs. I think the ones in the picture i posted are the bottom part of the harness which is what he called it and are suppose to connect to the fuse box. If so, is this true? I know one for sure is the MAF sensor plug, but the other ones im unsure of. If they are then ill need to cut the old ones off and wire them to the new harness?

2nd for the intercooler piping, i saw that one of them is for a breather hose but the other two im still unsure of. Hopefully now that this is bumped maybe i can actually get some help for this.

KoukiMonsta
11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
on the IC pipe the small one is for a vac line...to boost controller/gauge...etc

the larger looks like its for a recirc BOV...i have the same thing but going the other way to the IACV, i dont run a recir BOV

AznXstazy
11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I can't tell from the pics very well, but that middle plug looks like the input to the igniter chip. the one in the middle of the right side looks like the end of the igniter chip.

I wanna say the black with the orange clip is the MAF plug.

The plug above the MAF looks like a knock sensor plug. but like i said I can't see it. Try to find a wiring diagram and pinout with color codes and match them up.

nathanong87
11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
the bigger bung is for a BOV

AznXstazy
11-18-2009, 09:33 PM
maybe the pipe is on backwards and that big part is suppose to hook up the the IVAC?

951's 330i
11-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Thanks you guys for inputing some info, this is actually really helping. Imma see if i can find a wire diagram somewhere on here or on google.

s14unimog
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
on the IC pipe the small one is for a vac line...to boost controller/gauge...etc
the larger looks like its for a recirc BOV...i have the same thing but going the other way to the IACV, i dont run a recir BOV

Wrong! The small nipple is a boost source only, so I would suggest actuator source... The larger one is for the IACV, they are oriented differently on the S14 Silvia than S13

the bigger bung is for a BOV

Wrong!

maybe the pipe is on backwards and that big part is suppose to hook up the the IVAC?

Its not backwards and its IACV

Thanks you guys for inputing some info, this is actually really helping. Imma see if i can find a wire diagram somewhere on here or on google.

The plugs look like Ignitor chip, wipers, possibly MAFS (on the fuse box) and I don't know
haha.. GL with the install.

Cash
11-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Wrong! The small nipple is a boost source only, so I would suggest actuator source... The larger one is for the IACV, they are oriented differently on the S14 Silvia than S13

Wrong!

Its not backwards and its IACV

The plugs look like Ignitor chip, wipers, possibly MAFS (on the fuse box) and I don't know
haha.. GL with the install.

oh snap! dropping knowledge bombs all over yall!! pow pow powww!!

HAWAII
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
yeah, check out a wiring guide, I remember when I did my swap, I did not use some connectors since some of them are not needed (factory boost gauge and some other crap)