PDA

View Full Version : 95 S14: Is there a fuse for constant power?

chituntang
11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Like the title says, I burnt the 2 wires between the battery and the fuse box. Now that they are replaced the right way, the car runs again. However, the clock on the cluster and the radio does not come on. I do not care much about the clock as it is blocked by my boost gauge, but no radio kind of sucks. I checked the 3 fuses (2 in the engine bay, 1 at drive side kick panel) and they are all fine. Checked the radio with another car, it works. I tapped the IGN power and it does have power. The constant wire is the one without.

Thanks
Jesse

wiggafly808
11-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Dont think theres a fuse for constant 12V, but there is a battery one. If your car is running properly, i think your battery one is fine.

You checked the fuse for the interior lights/radio and they were fine? (Is that the 3 you were talking about?)

Just tap a constant 12v off of your ignition if you cant figure it out. (Red one iirc)

GSXRJJordan
11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
There's a 30A fusible link for that in the engine bay fusebox, it's green. It supplies power to the ignition key via a white wire... replace your fusible links, you'll be good to go. Autozone/etc has them.

g6civcx
11-11-2009, 07:48 AM
the clock on the cluster and the radio does not come on.

I checked the 3 fuses (2 in the engine bay, 1 at drive side kick panel) and they are all fine. Checked the radio with another car, it works. I tapped the IGN power and it does have power. The constant wire is the one without.

Pull out the FSM. Start from the radio and trace power back to the fuse. Then to the engine bay.

Most likely you have a burned out wire and/or fuse holder.

blackoutt
11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
There's a 30A fusible link for that in the engine bay fusebox, it's green. It supplies power to the ignition key via a white wire... replace your fusible links, you'll be good to go. Autozone/etc has them.

I replaced this when my stereo/cluster clock lights werent getting powered with ignition turned on and it worked for me. I didn't see them at autozone, but grabbed a few out of a junkyard car at work for free.