PDA

View Full Version : starter clicks after accident

corey240
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I hit a phole pole at like 20-30 mph but I had no front supports at all and it destroyed my s14. So I swapped my motor into my new s13 chassis and the starter just clicks and tryed to activatew but wont turn the motor. What could the problem be? It got cold out and dark so im done for the night looking for things to check into tomorow.

nxpoweredsr20
11-08-2009, 09:32 PM
have you checked the connections on the starter? bad ground and or postive on the solenoid will cause it to click but not fully engage the starter. I would check that first and go from there!

johngriff
11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
If you know the starter is good,

It sounds like a low voltage problem.

This could be because the battery is low, or because the wiring to the starter is faulty lowering the delivered voltage.

iambape
11-09-2009, 11:32 PM
if its clicking then its your solenoid not able to get all of it out there.

change the whole starter/solenoid that should fix your problem.

if it still happens check your starter relay and maybe key switch.

doubt its your key switch tho since theirs power going through.

soo check your starter.

take it out and bring it to autozone.

FRoSt415
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
take it out and bench test it. some times things brake, and sometimes things brake when other things brake. What this means is shit happens but don't forget to pay your bills

!Zar!
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
S14's have that iccd or whatever clutch interlock relay. It's in the right relay box.

S13's have the starter relay. It's blue and between the fender and battery tray on the passenger side.

I'd say something is up with either of those two things because when they aren't working right, you get a "click" of the relay and that's it.