PDA

View Full Version : Help: Wiring/Tuning/Confusion

TwistAndBurn..Rubber
11-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey I've been lurking on here for about two months and this is my first thread.

I read and research before asking anything, and up until now i haven't needed to start my own thread. So here it is.

I went to an ATTEMPTED tuning session last night. My tuner is probably on Zilvia somewhere trying to figure all of this out. Scott is an experienced tuner who works on Nissans and other platforms as well as his own Silvia. The way he tunes Nissans is he hooks his ECU up to the car's harness and tunes from there (Calum daughterboard, Nistune, does a start point basemap then street tune).

MY CAR

Red top SR
FMIC
basic stuff, gauges, boost controller, stock as far as performance

WEIRD idle sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes rough. I've checked for boost leaks, IACV, and wiring on CAS, TPS, and O2 nothing is out of ordinary

When I pulled in my ECU was in safe mode and we couldn't figure out why. Everytime he went to start the car it would go into safe mode and lock him out, but when the key was in on position it would be receptive to control. Eventually it quit locking him out while the car would be running, without us changing anything. The ECU wasn't throwing any Codes through that entire process.

Once the car and ECU were cooperating he tried adjusting values and whatever he does when he tunes to fix my idle, NOTHING would work to fix the idle. We decide to just kinda patch the problem by adding more fuel at the low end and adjust values through the curve.

I put the car in Reverse to take it out for the street tune, and My lights dash lights, tail lights, gauge lights go out, and Scott's ECU is FRIED.

According to Scott it's the weirdest shit he's ever seen an SR do during tuning or otherwise. The car is supposed to have a NEW oem wiring harness according to the previous owner who has been supportive throughout this process.

HELLLLLLLLLLP. please This car is my DD, I take care of it and respect it, all help and Positive input would be greatly appreciated.