PDA

View Full Version : exhaust pipe/ebay muffler question

FrostBite
05-15-2003, 07:01 PM
I dont have alot of money since Im in high school and I want to get a decent muffler and heard from the 240sx.org boards that the n1 style mufflers sold on ebay for around 40 bucks were ok. I was wondering though that it sais the inlet tip is 2.5" and im pretty sure that the stock 240sx piping (1990) is smaller than that. So my first question is if I got it and the inlet tip was a differant size than the stock piping would i still be able to install it without changing my exhaust piping? My second question would be around how much it would cost to get it installed at a muffler shop. And my last question is has anyone heard or now anything about those N1 Apexi style ebay mufflers?

TheTimanator
05-15-2003, 07:25 PM
if the stock piping is smaller than a muffler shop can weld different size pieces to reduce it and match it up. No biggy.

Why exactly do you want N1 style mufflers on stock piping? Its not gonna give you much of a gain if any.....

PARAD0X
05-15-2003, 07:39 PM
gah, you should know that. cuz it sounds cool. thats why all the supertite honda's do it

91CRXsiR
05-16-2003, 10:08 AM
2.5" for honda is too big
2.5" for a bigass Nissan engine is not.

ahem..
$60.00 for installing a muffler w/ crappy crush bend pipes. [ bad ]
$120.00 for installing a muffler w/ mandrel bends pipes [ good ]
$150.00 for installing a muffler w/ mandrel bend pipes w/ resonator [ better ]

West
05-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Use the search. There is a topic like 4 weeks old that answers your same question.

Topic closed. This is the 4th time in a month ive seen this topic.

Bottom line, dont get the Ebay Muffler. Leave that for the Honda kids.