PDA

View Full Version : Whiteish Smoke

Cheng
05-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Recently I notice that when I'm in third gear, the RPM climbs from 3000-4000 pretty smoothy, but after that its not so smooth. I mean it will still climb, but I'm not feeling the power i should be feeling in 3rd gear. Then when i shift into 4th at a little more then 4000RPM, all i can see in my rear view mirror is a big cloud of grayish white smoke. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN WHEN I SHIFT FROM 4th into 5th. *When i start my car up in the morning i notice that my oil light is on, and then you can hear the lifter knocking. But this only goes on for like 3 secs or so and then everything is fine. I'm not leaking oil, no leaks in the vaccum, checked my timing plenty of times, so i dunno what else can be wrong.:confused:

Thanks if anyone out there can help me out!:cool:

s13er
05-15-2003, 12:00 AM
white smoke tends to mean your are burning water....sorry i cant help you any more.

kalieaire
05-15-2003, 12:15 AM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28386

THIS POST HAS BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE NEW POSTS ON THE SAME QUESTION. REPLY BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ONE.

also, don't bother creating another thread. your engine isn't going to be fixed by complaining about it and going "why o why does it not work the way i want it to."

--------------------------------
black smoke means you're running rich, you should check your ecu for codes.

possibly you have a bad mafs, leaking injectors, bad grounds to your mafs or injectors, a bad o2 sensor, vacuum leak, knock sensor, and a lot of other small possibilities.

can you describe your problem more, do you have idle problems, do you have good mileage.

If your headgasket is busted you'd notice a little motor oil floating on top of your coolant. and possibly if you checked your motor oil, it'll look like chocolate milk, all light brown and stuff. Also, you'd be running a high possibility of overheating your engine, if not, then I think your engine is ok and the problem is probably electrical.

you should check the easiest explainations before you go nuts on it.
--------------------------------

Cheng
05-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Yea, but i feel a huge lost of power, and i don't know what can cause of the problem. The vaccum is good, Ideal is sometimes werid, and just large amount of smoke, but no oil leak. The coolant is good, the oil looks good. What i am concern of is that in the morning when i start my car up for like the first 3-5 secs the oil light will stay lite and make weird clanking noise in the engine. Also at about 1300RPM, only at that point I can hear a little clanking but I'm not sure if this is normal or not?

kalieaire
05-18-2003, 08:57 AM
perhaps it's rod knock that you're hearing?

Maybe your oilpump has failed, or your oil pickup has picked up some debris.

perhaps your oil pan is dented.

If I were you i'd be very afraid right now.

----------If you're running rich, your engine would smoke a lot and you would experience power loss. you should check your timing as well.

And about the clanking noise, Check your oil pressure using a real oil pressure gauge. If it's low, then you should definitely drop your pan and find out why.

--IT IS NOT SAFE TO RUN YOUR SR20 WITHOUT OIL PRESSURE!