PDA

View Full Version : need kouki s14 hood with more clearance

g6civcx
10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I need more hood clearance for my supercharger. Otherwise I'll have to do a custom hood. Right now I just have an OEM kouki S14 hood.

I don't generally look at cosmetic stuff so I have no idea. Good suggestions would be appreciated.

yokotavia
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
definatly do not get any hood with vents.

you can try to trim the "skeleton" on the underside of the hood.

get some "hood spacers" and put between the hinges and the hood itself.

g6civcx
10-29-2009, 09:25 PM
definatly do not get any hood with vents

I bought a cheap "drift" hood with vents as a backup in case I have to cut up a hood. The vents are pre-cut so I'm already halfway there.

Plus I do not want any vents because ram air is not good for the carburetor.

you can try to trim the "skeleton" on the underside of the hood.

get some "hood spacers" and put between the hinges and the hood itself.

Already tried. I need major clearance, like about 2-3".

Even with just a dual-plane manifold and tiny air cleaner, the hinge is nowhere close to the latch. I can't imagine what it would be like with the supercharger on there.

yokotavia
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
get a giant hood scoop and be all american about it since your putting a supercharger on an s chassis.

Nismoknightska-t
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I bought a cheap "drift" hood with vents as a backup in case I have to cut up a hood. The vents are pre-cut so I'm already halfway there.

Plus I do not want any vents because ram air is not good for the carburetor.

Already tried. I need major clearance, like about 2-3".

Even with just a dual-plane manifold and tiny air cleaner, the hinge is nowhere close to the latch. I can't imagine what it would be like with the supercharger on there.

any pics of your setup? sounds crazy.. just cut the hood and have the s/c sticking out?

g6civcx
10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
any pics of your setup?

Yes.

just cut the hood and have the s/c sticking out?

Not a good idea. You don't want any change in airflow across the carburetor. It throws off the tune.

It's not as bad with the supercharger but I don't want water and debris getting into the engine bay.

g6civcx
10-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Not mine but my mechanic's car. You can see how high his turbo piping is already at. My supercharger will go up even higher than his.

http://www.bandtmotorsports.com/nhra2b.jpg

bardabe
10-30-2009, 03:34 PM
just slice the f*ckin hood. if your supper charger sits taller than that i don't think there is a hood that will clear without custom work.