PDA

View Full Version : what size and type of sway bar should i use??

Madden8991
10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
i want to put a new rear sway bar in. i was wondering what you guys thought as far as size goes. i also need to replace the connecting links.

yokotavia
10-28-2009, 03:06 PM
jesus...seriously?

what car
what type of driving
search?

if s13, get a r32 gtr rear sway bar. bolts up and like double the size of stock

if not s13, do your own research.

your a jerk.

!Zar!
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
On my s13/s14 I used whiteline.

HYPNOTIK
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
It says S13 in his title.:rolleyes:

For grip driving I'd stay with stock.

Teknolust72
10-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Have you already done ALL your other suspension mods yet? Sway bars should typically be the LAST item you purchase since it drastically changes the balance of a vehicle in a corner.

By doing all your other mods first, you may find out that you dont need sway bars.

Definitely get Wheels/Tires first. (If you can't even put traction down, why are you even looking at upgrading your car?)
Next is suspension, so coilovers or shock/spring combo
From here, I like to get an LSD. Others will say get bushings done, before LSD, so I guess its more personal preference. But if your car is old, your bushings need to be changed out anyway.
Finally, get swaybars if needed.

I generally feel that S13/S14s are generally pretty neutral after doing all the recommended suspension upgrades, so I just use stock swaybars.

I'm spoonfeeding you info, so I must be in a good mood today......lol

sidewaysonmy180
11-02-2009, 02:01 AM
Have you already done ALL your other suspension mods yet? Sway bars should typically be the LAST item you purchase since it drastically changes the balance of a vehicle in a corner.

By doing all your other mods first, you may find out that you dont need sway bars.

Definitely get Wheels/Tires first. (If you can't even put traction down, why are you even looking at upgrading your car?)
Next is suspension, so coilovers or shock/spring combo
From here, I like to get an LSD. Others will say get bushings done, before LSD, so I guess its more personal preference. But if your car is old, your bushings need to be changed out anyway.
Finally, get swaybars if needed.

I generally feel that S13/S14s are generally pretty neutral after doing all the recommended suspension upgrades, so I just use stock swaybars.

I'm spoonfeeding you info, so I must be in a good mood today......lol

this man has just said it all. haha same here started with rims, tires, breaks (had to on breaks cuz went z five lug.) then bushings and finally lsd. and im happy on turning response. my boy who drives the cxracing 240sx dosnt even have bushings or sway bars.

zenki.life
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
this man has just said it all. haha same here started with rims, tires, breaks (had to on breaks cuz went z five lug.) then bushings and finally lsd. and im happy on turning response. my boy who drives the cxracing 240sx dosnt even have bushings or sway bars.

bushing should be replaced. sway bar is unnecessary alot of times. but hey, its cxracing, who could really blame them with their greeeeaaaaat products and all.

BooStedS13SleePeR
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Come on guys he's just tryin to learn thats all..no reason for makin him look like an idiot. this is supposed to be a forum for help and tech talk.

sidewaysonmy180
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
ya i dont know bout 240sx cxracing parts. but they make some really good turbo set ups for supras with 1/2jz motors my friend just broke 500 with one of there turbo set ups.