PDA

View Full Version : Nissan MAF Compatability...Hotwire ratings.

ashtonroche
10-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Alright after doing a bit of research ive come up with a list of compatable nissan maf's to use for your SR swaps whether it be s13, s14, s15

The dual cam KA maf has a hotwire rating of 5 which is compatable for use on the S14 SR20, kouki or zenki swaps. The dual cam ka maf plugs right in, Its a 4 pin connector with 3 wires. The wires are even the same color and in the same position so no rewiring is necessary. The single cam KA would have to be rewired.

Now the S13 uses a stock maf hotwire rating of 6, this is compatable with the 91-94 nissan sentra maf's, I believe they even clip right in. You can use the maf from the 95-99 sentra's but it would require rewiring.

Im not sure what the S15 uses but by what i saw it appears to be a hotwire 5 rating so the KA maf should still work fine.

UNISA JECS
10-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Yea but there not the same in the end, this wont work without a SAFC or better yet a Nistune ECU etc etc. The bore sizes are different on every MAF and change the measuring characteristics or the VQ table.

ashtonroche
10-27-2009, 11:26 AM
the hotwire is what the ecu itself is tuned for. As long as you use the same hotwire rating maf with the setup your using it works fine.

This was already verified on both this motor im doing and a buddy who tried out my se-r stock maf on his s13. Worked like a charm, There are differences, mainly the connectors, thats about it. The hotwire is what determines the signal back to the ecu depending on the amount of air flowing through. Different maf hotwire ratings will give off different signals.

Just like the Z32 maf has a different signal voltage at idle than a stock maf. Usually significantly lower being its rated for over double the hp and air metering capability.