PDA

View Full Version : just to confirm (eBay spring related)

Warwick5s
05-13-2003, 09:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33582&item=2414941409

these are crap, right? they're too cheap to be anything but, but i just got a smoking deal on a new bass that was 'too cheap to be anything but crap' so i'm not TOO quick to dismiss...

whiteEFhatch
05-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Are they crap compared to $1,500 full complete/racing/JDM/real/dampening adjustable/ coilovers, well, yeah. But if you don't drift/race/auto-x/drag + can't appreciate them it's a waste of money.
Most of us could buy another 240sx for $1,500, right.

It depends on what you wanna do-
most people just want to lower their 240 an inch to inch and a half on stock shocks and just drive on the street- but some guys on here will try and convince you you HAVE TO SPEND $1,500 or you're not cool. Let's see what happens :p............

Please give us more info- why do you want to lower your car- what do you do with your car- what is your budget.
If you want to lower your car a little- these are just fine.

Warwick5s
05-13-2003, 09:41 PM
i just want something that drops it a little bit, but i'm more concerned with firming up the ride and making it a tad more....tossable i guess would be the word.

i don't autox or drift or road race, but i'd like to. for now though, yeah it'd just be for street and spirited driving out in the country. price....i dunno - the cheapest thing that doesn't suck ;)

any idea how a set of those springs with some of the kyb agx's would ride compared to a car with koni adjustables and neuspeed springs (my setup on my scirocco which i liked very much)

whiteEFhatch
05-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Honestly you probably wouldn't be happy with those cheapo coilovers since you have experienced a good setup that you liked.
240's are known to handle better with shock/spring upgrades but look like *** because the car for some reason wants to stay the stock ride height with modest lowering/performance springs.
It depends if you want to sacrifice handling so that you can adjust the height to your liking.

(I haven't heard the words "pro-kit" or "sportline" in a LONG time)----> all Dousan's fault!:p

Dousan_PG
05-13-2003, 10:07 PM
NOOOO
im not responsible for that.
im responsible for people wanting LSD
hahahaha

i highly suggest shock and springs
90% of the people out there DONT Need coilovers.

prokits are nice
i like sportlines, they ride nice w/ AGX

Warwick5s
05-13-2003, 10:24 PM
cool thanks for your input guys. i'd definitely rather have something that handles well than is slammed if i have to choose one or the other.

andrave
05-13-2003, 11:32 PM
man, my friend got some of those cheap *** coilovers for his civic- they come with tiny *** coils for the front and you have to modify the spring seats, they ride like total ***, they are incredibly hard to adjust.
I'm sticking with tein S techs (if they ever get here, avoid E3racing on ebay at all costs).

EDIT- wow I said *** three times and it blanked it out, which made me look like a total potty mouth.
you know, it seems to be overreacting when it blanks out "I assume" or "my windshield glass" like I've seen it do before.

mbmbmb23
05-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Hahahaha!!!

I've seen E3Racing's ebay rating and its totally laugh-able!!!!

-M