PDA

View Full Version : AFC Neo Help, Bogging out, do i need a z32 MAF to use AFC neo???HELP!

DriftBoi08
10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
I have an AFC NEO..i installed it, all the wires seem to be in place. since i have a Ka24De , SHort ram Intake/Headers/Upgraded Cams/ i got rid of EGR stuff by the intake, didnt remove entire stuff behind the engine..in that process some vacume lines were useless i guess , not sure if thats what is causing a slight jiggle every few seconds..

WHen i start up the Car with the AFC NEO ON it boggs pretty Bad.. i put it at 5 IN 5 Out. since i have a stock MAF...

Do i need a z32 MAF.. so it can run the right way>>>??

i need help please..

fliprayzin240sx
10-22-2009, 09:16 AM
If the number is the same for both your IN and OUT, that should work for stock MAF. If you're running a Z32 MAF, its 2-5. No, you dont need a Z MAF for your AFC to work. You do need an AFC to make the voltage corrections if you have a Z MAF installed.

Double check your wiring, follow the direction explicitly. I remember it tells you to wire the 2 grounds on the ECU ground wire at 2 different points. I know you'll have issues if you wire those to wires together into 1 single point or when folks just ground those wires into the chasis, thinking that ground is ground.