PDA

View Full Version : s13 shakes during idle in low rpms?!?!?!

isixphill
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
i have a 1992 s13 fb

during idle my car will shake?.. nothing violent but a very noticable shake everyone who rides in my car comments about it :-/ and after driving around town i will start to get a head ache

what makes this weird is its only during idle/low rpms while driving it smooths out and feels normal

it shakes up to 1400rpm then goes smooth

i have surched this problem and heard everything from sparks/misfire to exhaust clog..but to no avail nothing fixed it

please help thanks ALOT!!!!! :D

wow-thats-a-cool-car
10-20-2009, 10:55 AM
timing or dle screw ot maybe motor mounts?

SBCsx
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I had the same problem on my hatch one of the cylinders was misfiring check your distributor/replace or check sparks to see which one is misfiring. You should change your motor mounts as well mine were done.

lbsam
10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
did you just buy this car? we need more details.. solid motor mounts tend to do this.. so if you just bought it check those.. it could be all of the above ^

lazysk8er2
10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
check your injectors one could be malfunctioning as in leaking or clogged. the o rings could also be messed up.

disconnect each injector while idling. if you see no change in rpm drop then thats your culprit

nissandr1ft
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Mine did that for a while on my first S13 when the O2 sensor died.... have you checked for codes?

isixphill
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
i just changed all the spark plugs 3days ago

i bought the car 3 months ago and if it was the motor mounts wouldnt it shake hard as i decelerate or apply throttle?

ill check the injectors asap

stuff i forgot to mention:
i have been burning oil (exhaust smells bad).... seems like from cylinder #2 because when i changed the sparks #2 was all gunkie n built up on the threads and even on the bolt part too

one time i added injector cleaner and gas tank cleaner into my gas tank and the problem went away for a week or so??

91white_ka
10-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Shakes like a vibration? Or shakes like a sputter?

isixphill
10-21-2009, 09:38 AM
OK i think the problem might be a misfire:tweak: because......... last night i had to give my friend a ride to work and it was shaking while i was waiting for them and as i left my place...butttttttt after i dropped em off i went on a little cruz around town and when i started coming home i noticed at a light the shaking went away and it was smooth again????

yes its gone for now but how do i keep it away this is the second time its came n gone?:cops:

Ivebeenconverted
10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
sea foam this thing, check the mounts, spark plugs, timing if you can. and might wanna check the fuel pump see the condition of the pump/tank i have rust in my tank and thats what my car does and my car is a fresh swap and it had NO problems in my s14

lazysk8er2
10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
one time i added injector cleaner and gas tank cleaner into my gas tank and the problem went away for a week or so??

yes its gone for now but how do i keep it away this is the second time its came n gone?

by checking your injectors and changing them if needed lol

ericb382
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
i just changed all the spark plugs 3days ago

i bought the car 3 months ago and if it was the motor mounts wouldnt it shake hard as i decelerate or apply throttle?

ill check the injectors asap

stuff i forgot to mention:
i have been burning oil (exhaust smells bad).... seems like from cylinder #2 because when i changed the sparks #2 was all gunkie n built up on the threads and even on the bolt part too

Have you compression/leakdown tested it? Burning oil + shaking could be worn/damaged rings. Easy to rule out with a simple test....