PDA

View Full Version : SCCA roadrace class?

heychris
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone have a good idea which classes a non tube framed 240sx (S14) could compete in SCCA roadrace events....Haven't been able to download thier rules and regs.....:(
CH

WhiteGLX
10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Anyone have a good idea which classes a non tube framed 240sx (S14) could compete in SCCA roadrace events....Haven't been able to download thier rules and regs.....:(
CH

ITA with stock motor and very mild engine mods. Its an almost stock class, coilovers, brake pads, headers, reflash ecu, rollcage, etc...

or get away from SCCA and go to NASA PT racing and do what ever you want to you car and get moved to which ever class you fit into points wise.

NASA Pro Racing Site News & Content (http://www.nasaproracing.com)

stinky_180
10-17-2009, 01:53 AM
i believe you mean ITS....

WhiteGLX
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM
no ITA. I know several S13 guys who raced ITA with basically stock engines. Any IT_ class is an option, the more money he wants to spend puts you in different IT_ classes, same as NASA PT_ classing. PTA PTB PTC...etc...

heychris
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
My ultimate goal would be something like SCCA World Challenge T2, but I'm not sure my vehicle is legal for homologation....

The NASA thing sounds great because I'd like to Time Attack the car possibly as well and it seems that many of those events are held in conjunction with the NASA events...

Thanks for the input....I'll keep searching too!

WhiteGLX
10-18-2009, 10:52 AM
be ready to spend $$$$$$ if you want to compete in world challenge. NASA is a keep it relatively inexpensive race group. The points system of PT classing helps you build a car to fit in a certain group and compete with cars from various other manufacturers and same on-track capabilities.

Read up on rules hardcore, see what other cars are running, sponsor backing and do spread sheets to see yearly costs of racing with certain classes. Even the low numbers with surprise you, but the big numbers of the competitive teams will drop your jaw. Alot to consider once you want to race with the big dogs.

stinky_180
10-18-2009, 11:48 AM
for s-chassis:
ITA = KA24E
ITS = KA24DE

rules book and classing of vehicles
http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%20Rules/09%20GCR/ITCS.pdf

GCR350 & GCR358

all the same rules apply to all Improved Touring Classes.

RACERZ
10-18-2009, 02:44 PM
It depends on level of prep on you car. IT (improved touring)is close to stock but with suspenion and exhaust mods may remove interior, moving up ST (street touring) more motor mods, Then Production complete mods except for tube frame, also certain regions have specific classes for ex. IT7 for the earley gen RX7s each region will vary in these. Your best bet is to contact the region you are in and talk to the R/E he can get you hooked up with some of the races who run in your class or same type of car. I am over simplifing the rules of course but the club has lots of classes so you should fit into one of them without to much mods unless you want to go to production in which case I would recomend buying a already built car (way cheaper). Another nice aspect of the club is that you can race at dif level of comp from time trials through regional racing to top tier national racing according to how much you want to spend.
Good luck.

havocmotorsports
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
SCCA sucks!!! In about 10 more years when all the old farts with their bug eyed sprites, die or can't drive anymore.... that's when it might make a come back>>> SCCA is a non profit..... so you get the guys that are like high school janitors for a day job, and a cheif steward on the weekend with a power trip. But NASA is a profit company, so it's their job to keep the racers happy, so Ryan can get a paycheck. NASA is the way to go, and the HPDE classes are top notch. Run ur car in PT