PDA

View Full Version : power window problem!

marcobleedsblue
10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
ok so i was having problem with my windows.. they would go up and down but the fusible link kept blowing.. and bow the passenger side rolls up and down but the drivers side doesnt.. i can here a lol click wen i push down the button to put my drivers side window down but nothin happens... heelppp raining season is coming!! lol

ghost
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Check your switch with a test light or voltage meter, make sure it has ground, 12v, also make sure that when the switch is pressed down, that your motor is receiving signal. If it isn't the switch is bad. If it is, then the motor may be going. But due to the fuse going regularly it sounds like a short.

ConceptS14
10-14-2009, 05:23 PM
so what you're trying to say is that your driver side window works, but every once in a while the circuit breaker trips and your driver side window will stop working for a couple minutes?

aguadilla
10-14-2009, 07:52 PM
could be the power window amplifier, take your door panel off reconnect your window switch tap on the white box while working the switch see if it works

M11's
11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Check your switch with a test light or voltage meter, make sure it has ground, 12v, also make sure that when the switch is pressed down, that your motor is receiving signal. If it isn't the switch is bad. If it is, then the motor may be going. But due to the fuse going regularly it sounds like a short.

+1 if it clicks when you push down switch probably the switch thats what was wrong when mine went out