PDA

View Full Version : Intake removal?

WARHAWK01WS6
07-16-2001, 07:34 PM
I'm pulling my 91 motor apart. I get all the fuel system, harness, etc off remove all the bolts ffrom the upper intake and realize that if you lift up the studs off the head block you from going up.  If you pull it out, the studs off the lower intake block movement.
A Catch-22.  Whats the trick???

WARHAWK01WS6
07-27-2001, 08:15 PM
Come on, people.  Someone has got to have done this....

matic 240sx
07-28-2001, 03:49 AM
dude your question is not clear... ive read it 5 times and you made some mistakes in your typing... im sure my friends can figure it out... (one of them is always taking apart their engine).  but i think you should lift it out all the way first (if you havent) and take a good look of it and see what all you can do

WARHAWK01WS6
07-31-2001, 06:12 PM
Sorry for not drawing a clear picture.  The intake manifold is two pieces, upper and lower.
I disconnected the upper intake manifold from the head and from the lower intake manifold, which both have studs sticking through the upper intake manifold.
You can't pull it away from the head because the lower intake manifold studs hold it from moving sideways. You can't lift it straight up because the studs in the head hold it.  A friend of mine who builds motors looked at it and said I have to lift the head off, and the intake will come off. That would be a PITA if I wasn't doing head work.