PDA

View Full Version : The Alien Thread

SexPanda
10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Not Juan and Maria- little grey men, abductions, UFO's, cattle mutilation, weird 30 something year old virgins sitting out in the desert with tinfoil hats trying to send messages into space with a rotary phone, a 12v car battery, and an old sattelite TV dish.

Believe or not, its something that has captured the imaginations of people all over the world for decades.

Lets discuss this, eh?

JEDIs13
10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
ill be the first to admit i believe in aliens.. it all started back in high school when one of my science teachers told me
" you have to be pretty ignorant if you believe that there are no other living beings out there in the universe"
ever since then i have been convinced we are not alone. think about it.. almost every country in the world has its own "roswell" incident.

in every case the government tries to hide the facts from its citizens and give them bullshit excuses, 90% of the time they say it was a weather balloon or a misidentified military aircraft. its just a little too fishy IMO :2c:

DreamN
10-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I done got napped by them pesky aliens back in '92. Got the photos to prove it.

http://www.mainstreetgreatfalls.com/FarmersMarketAlienAD.jpg

lol not me btw.

ronmcdon
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
What the hell is the relationship between "tin-foil hats" & alien anal probing?
Would appreciate it if someone can explain this matter of importance to me.

DreamN
10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
tin foil hats prevent your minds being read or controlled.

anal probing is just a hobby most aliens have.

SexPanda
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg
c'mon guys lol. Everyone knows tinfoil hats are simply a turn off to aliens, because they realize the people with them are retards. Aliens want the smarter ones.

Dalton918
10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
There is an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the universe all with stars exactly like our sun that all have planets orbiting them, to think that ours is the only one that could support life is absolutelly rediculous.

Universe hoggin S.O.B.s

SexPanda
10-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I believe in something out there... Too much crazy shit unaccounted for. Societies that have NO connection to modern technology are reporting identical incidents as the western world.

Cattle mutilation is another thing. How would a cult have the equipment to surgically remove cow parts, cauterize the incisions, and completely drain the blood without ANY evidence of anything being there? No coyote can do that...

jamg
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, i believe others are out there.

you can't sit on your chair, and type up saying that in the WHOLE DAMN UNIVERSE, that human beings are the only forms of "life".

hail fackinnngg NAW

S13Boosts
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv264/shalayden/x-files.jpg

I BELIVE:hide:

SochBAT
10-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm assuming you mean believe.

How do you look into the past inthe present? Look at the stars.

It takes light X amount of years to reach a star. So, when you're looking at a star, chances are its not even there anymore. You're looking centuries into the past directly.

Now, think about this.

If we DO see aliens in outer space, we'd see them in their "primative years" and vice versa.

If they plan an alien invasion, then they'll be surprised. And so would we.

coww-cho!!!!!
10-07-2009, 11:20 PM
chime in x-files song :tinhat: :tinhat: :tinhat:
I believe
.........also whats that one movie where a human and this alien get stuck on a planet and i think they end up having a kid or some shit and the kid looks like the mother? i dunno but i always remember that movie but never get acroos the name of it to watch it again

im probably gonna have to do some research

S14_Kouki
10-07-2009, 11:41 PM
There is an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the universe all with stars exactly like our sun that all have planets orbiting them, to think that ours is the only one that could support life is absolutelly rediculous.

Universe hoggin S.O.B.s

I agree.

Iv been around for awhile now like 22 years lol anyways I can say I have seen some stuff I could not explain.

SexPanda
10-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Instinct?

anyhow, Im sure any advanced et civilization would have mastered long distance travel by now with wormholes or some shit. Im sure they've been here, and Im sure that there are probably trip to Earth just to fuck with us lol. I mean, just because they're super advanced aliens doesnt mean they don't like to have fun.

Im sure some drunk ass aliens were out one night in the equivelant to a beat up lifted 86 chevy truck with their equivelant of a rebel flag on the back glass, when they decided to start fucking with us. It became a sport.

jokes aside, I wouldn't mind to know why.

Charlie
10-08-2009, 12:09 AM
YouTube - Roommate Alien Prank Goes Bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWqI0U3pBdA)

HalveBlue
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I believe in other life forms throughout the universe.

I don't believe that we've made contact with any of them.

lolatclint
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
aliens are fake. your a retard if you think their real.

drift_limo
10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
aliens are real trust me .

go to san diego
you can see my cousins lol

jp jp

seriously thou you really dont know wtf is out there. Its funny bc people actually think we are the only livin shit in the universe. really come on people ..

of not then cool we humans rule!

Dalton918
10-09-2009, 09:34 PM
aliens are fake. your a retard if you think their real.

Universe hoggin S.O.B.s

That's right I quoted myself

sacco sideways
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
if you think there fake watch the movie A fire in the sky . its fu***ng crazy! its based on a true story and deff made me a believer. its kinda older but its a great movie and they have it at blockbuster

SexPanda
10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
if you think there fake watch the movie A fire in the sky . its fu***ng crazy! its based on a true story and deff made me a believer. its kinda older but its a great movie and they have it at blockbuster

Watched that movie for the first time when I was like 3. Bad idea man lol:ddog:

SDS13COUPE
10-10-2009, 09:17 AM
chime in x-files song :tinhat: :tinhat: :tinhat:
I believe
.........also whats that one movie where a human and this alien get stuck on a planet and i think they end up having a kid or some shit and the kid looks like the mother? i dunno but i always remember that movie but never get acroos the name of it to watch it again

im probably gonna have to do some research

Enemy Mind. One of my favs.

pinky121388
10-10-2009, 09:22 AM
yeah as big as the universe is, i think that there is probally something out there.

druthafoo
10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
^I hope the future ends up like Firefly.....

**nerd alert**

no seriously. Firefly is one of my favorite series.

for those who don't know (99% of you probably), the Firefly future has two superpowers emerging (USA and Asian superpower) and space travel becomes a normal thing. Exploration/colonization/blah blah blah happens but no where has alien life ever been found. So basically, the entire universe is full of american and asian folk.

fromxtor
10-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I love when people try to use that reverse psychology BS and say, " You would have to be_________(insert name no one wants to claim here), to think that we are alone in the universe." It's BS, plain and simple.

Dalton918
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
^ When they come you'll be first one to get that sweet, sweet, I-told-you-so anal probe.

:cry:

I LUV MY S13
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
ill be the first to admit i believe in aliens.. it all started back in high school when one of my science teachers told me
" you have to be pretty ignorant if you believe that there are no other living beings out there in the universe"
ever since then i have been convinced we are not alone. think about it.. almost every country in the world has its own "roswell" incident.

in every case the government tries to hide the facts from its citizens and give them bullshit excuses, 90% of the time they say it was a weather balloon or a misidentified military aircraft. its just a little too fishy IMO :2c:

i believe in the possibility of life out there in the universe...but for aliens to be near here would have to have the technology to travel at the speed of light, and be able to live millions of years..

SexPanda
10-11-2009, 11:09 PM
i believe in the possibility of life out there in the universe...but for aliens to be near here would have to have the technology to travel at the speed of light, and be able to live millions of years..

According to theories we have today, it could be possible to create a wormhole through space/time, and even though we can't do it, a civilization that's thousands of years more advanced than us could probably do it like nothing.

Imagine where technology would be today if the dark ages never happened. If Rome had never collapsed. Thats about 600 years of minimum advancement.

I LUV MY S13
10-12-2009, 07:57 PM
According to theories we have today, it could be possible to create a wormhole through space/time, and even though we can't do it, a civilization that's thousands of years more advanced than us could probably do it like nothing.

Imagine where technology would be today if the dark ages never happened. If Rome had never collapsed. Thats about 600 years of minimum advancement.

tru but i dont think space avaiation would be much more advanced for us...space travel is more for exploration and really doesnt do us any good and can cost alot of money...326mill for us to land on mars, it can be done....why not? cuz that money can be used for something else...

traveling faster than the speed of light is impossible so even if another civilization could master light speed travel it would take millions of yrs for them to get here....i doubt anything can live that long

S14_Kouki
10-12-2009, 11:07 PM
tru but i dont think space avaiation would be much more advanced for us...space travel is more for exploration and really doesnt do us any good and can cost alot of money...326mill for us to land on mars, it can be done....why not? cuz that money can be used for something else...

traveling faster than the speed of light is impossible so even if another civilization could master light speed travel it would take millions of yrs for them to get here....i doubt anything can live that long

Why is it impossible to travel faster the light???

tsx1racer04
10-13-2009, 12:41 AM

I'm not sure who I heard this from, probably from my physics teacher. Said something similar to this, as you approach the speed of light you are actually going back in time? Or you can possibly just literally turn into particles and turn yourself into goo.

But yeah, there are other ways of traveling here to. Dr. Michio Kaku is a believer in worm holes. The shortest way between two galaxies is actually a wormhole. Kinda like bending a piece of paper in half and poking a hole in the middle.

More advanced civilizations could have technology beyond our wildest imagination. However, we can't rule out they are not out there. Nor we can rule out that they have not visited us (not very likely). As far as my opinion goes, I believe anyone who said they have seen UFOs. I believe truely, something has happened. However, people have just got to remember the United States Military has technology 10 years ahead of the public.

Alien abductions, wow, I don't actually believe in this. Why would such an advance civilization really need to "abduct" one of us to figure out what we are? I mean if they got the technology to come here, why wouldn't they have a scanner or something to scan JUST ONE of us and figure out the rest themselves?

Truely remarkable how people describe alien abductions though, really makes me wonder.

SexPanda
10-13-2009, 05:21 AM
apparently the faster you go, the slower time around you is. So if you go a minute at lightspeed somewhere, days could have passed outside of your area, even though you've only experience a minute.

its crazy. I don't understand it, but im not a physicist

boosted98gst
10-13-2009, 06:05 AM
This is all very interesting. Everyone is going to have there own opinion on what they believe ect. But what I want to know has anyone seriously( jokes aside) seen anything they think was a ufo? Ive personally never seen anything but ive herd people tell me story's about what they seen. Please share if you do.

40daws
10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
^I have. Years ago, early 90's. Me ,my brother and mom saw it. Thought is was airplane ,until a airplane flew behind it after watching it for thirty minutes.

Brian
10-13-2009, 10:18 AM
There are probably other life forms, sure.

As far as UFOs, shoot, I'm sure we build "UFOs".
Skunk Works, Northrop, Boeing, Lockheed, etc.
They build some crazy SHIT.

1964 - SR-71 *now retired*
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/sr71a.jpg

1989 - B-2 *Active*
http://www.nriinternet.com/NRI_terrorist/USA/Noshir_Gowadia/B2_bomber1.jpg

1981 - F-117 *RETIRED*
http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Riat2002/F117/F117UnderGuard.jpg

So, those planes were introduced decades ago. Imagine what they have now and what they have coming up. A lot of the information on them is still classified and secret.
Now there is a lot of unmanned stuff, weird shaped stuff, etc.
Or look at the F-35. That thing is WILD.

or look up the Lockheed Martin Polecat
Or look up Northrop Grumman X-47A and B
I think a lot of the "UFOs" that people see are actually vehicles that WE built.

SochBAT
10-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Why can't we travel at lightspeed?

We can't become particles and move that fast and we don't have the tech to reform those particles into solid matter.

And the sheer fact that the human threshold for velocity sucks. I dnno wtf the speed is, but at ____mph, our skin would rip off.

S14_Kouki
10-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I think that worm hole idea sounds like it would work better then speeding in space. Butttt just wondering what is the actually speed of light Edit: 300,000 kilometers/second

zylvia213
10-13-2009, 12:13 PM
I done got napped by them pesky aliens back in '92. Got the photos to prove it.

http://www.mainstreetgreatfalls.com/FarmersMarketAlienAD.jpg

lol not me btw.

shit i was about to say "dam Jimmy you looking pretty white there" lol...

Anyway I believe in aliens or other living beings out there. Shit they might even be living amongst us. What i always wonder is what if theres another earth or planet like ours that has humans aswell but like many light years away. Space/universe is a pretty big and no one will ever now how big it is.... im pretty we're not the only ones out in space living.

SexPanda
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM
There are probably other life forms, sure.

1989 - B-2 *Active*
http://www.nriinternet.com/NRI_terrorist/USA/Noshir_Gowadia/B2_bomber1.jpg
I think a lot of the "UFOs" that people see are actually vehicles that WE built.

I literally see those things every day. I quoted the B2 because its the most unique looking "stealth" plane we have right now. How they're stealth is beyon me lol you should hear those fuckers take off. Anyhow, I can see how someone who doesn't look at airplanes every day can confuse them for something else, but when it comes to trained pilots, people in the military and cops seeing aircraft that they can't explain, thats just a little more evidence.

They probably are something we make here on earth... But I mean damn, why are we still messing with those (^^) noisy mother fuckers when apparently we have craft that are completely silent, can make 90` turns at 500mph, and are still nearly invisible to radar like the B2?

Walperstyle
12-18-2009, 04:35 PM
I've seen two wierd things.

late 90's while helping build a fort with the neighbor kids, I looked up to see what looked like a silver ball bearing just floating in the sky, probably about 2500 ft, but hard to tell being it was round and shiny. It sat there for a few seconds, then the one kid walked in the way of my sight. By the time I pushed him out of the way, it was gone, no planes anywhere in the area either.

other one was at night. I was about 25 or so. I saw a massive bright light, kinda like a police heli spotlight. It started coming toward me and got even brighter. When I freaked out and woke up my parents, it was gone. Messed up.

I dont believe in little green men or the vast majority of what I read about the subject. All I can say is I don't know what I saw those two times.

oh and the one time I saw a f117 in the rockies, Alberta Canada. My guess is it was an airshow soloist heading from Cold lake to maybe Abbotsford BC.

theicecreamdan
12-18-2009, 05:50 PM
why is this in loud noises?

According to special relativity, the energy of an object with rest mass m and speed v is given by γmc2, where γ = (1 − v2/c2)−1/2 is the Lorentz factor. When v is zero, γ is equal to one, giving rise to the famous E=mc2 formula for mass-energy equivalence. The γ grows rapidly with v and approaches infinity as v approaches c. It would thus take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate a massive object to the speed of light. The speed of light is the upper limit for the speeds of massive objects.

Matej
12-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I believe in other life forms throughout the universe.

I don't believe that we've made contact with any of them.
Same here.

dert420sx
12-18-2009, 07:46 PM
ufo sightings by mexican military pilots. hoping someone can translate the pilots' conversations...
KRvWRrf__XA

dozens of unexplained lights over guadalajara mexico in june 2004.
iKzzsM-__sg

and then the same lights over mexico again less than a year later.
l_Lzb8fdJaA

if these don't make you a believer, go search more on youtube.

ESmorz
12-18-2009, 08:02 PM
oZXJNlVy0F8

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 08:14 PM
aliens arent among us.....Drakes Equation

rc1honda
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM

This is going to take some explanation but please bare with me because it really is quite interesting. And a rock solid fact.

Light speed is no some much a measure of velocity as it is a measure of distance. Light speed is a clearly defined constant and barrier in the universe.

Over the past few decades we have been able to investigate light speed through the use of particle accelerators. Most people don't know that speed beyond light is impossible but light speed itself is impossible.

As Einstein predicted the faster you travel the more time slows. But, what most people don;t know is that closer you come to the speed of light the more mass you aquire. That is why photons (light particles) act as both waves and particles. Due to the infinite mass.

To put this a little more simply. As you approached the speed of light your mass would continue to build and build until you became infinitely massive.

Now put mass aside for a moment. Let's think about pure propulsion.

Imagine yourself strapped to a huge powerful rocket.

The closer you come to the speed of light the more energy you need to travel the .01 mile per hour faster. So by the time you reached 99.9% the speed of light you would need more energy then what is found in the entire Universe to gain that extra .1%.

Simply put there is not enough energy in the entire universe to propel any kind of transport to the speed of light or beyond. Not to mention the problem of mass. Scientists using particle accelerators have been able to accelerate particles to 99.9% of the speed of light but that's it. They just can't produce the energy need to propel it any faster. And that's just a particle a few microns big, much less a entire transport or spaceship. The energy just doesn't exist.

That's where wormhole comes in. I can explain wormholes to some degree to but i will wait to read some more of your guys posts.

Sorry i just read icecreams post look like mine is repost.

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
lightspeed is used as a mesurement of distance, speed, and time..

the universe is continuously expanding faster than the speed of light

Silverbullet
12-18-2009, 08:32 PM

universal speed limit in physics.

I dnno wtf the speed is, but at ____mph, our skin would rip off.

speed of light = c = 3x10^8 m/s. In space, there is no air resistance to cause friction for our skins to rip off. We would be in some sort of craft anyhow.

You can try to calculate the amount of energy (E) it requires to travel at the speed of light. If you graph this function, the closer you get to c, the more energy it will take, but it will never actually reach c. If you try solving for E with c being 3x10^8 the answer for E = infinity. Infinity is an unreal number.

unrelated but fun fact, many relativity equations use c, such as time dilation and space dilation. :snoop:

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
in space there actually would be friction..dark matter, globule clusters, and bits of space dust...reason why traveling at the speed of light would be impossible...impact with even the smallest grain of sand would be equivilent to a nuclear bomb...not good for the travelers

wh0aitznic0
12-18-2009, 08:38 PM
All this physics stuff sounds way more interesting than what they taught me in AP during high school...

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 08:39 PM
astrophysics :)

Silverbullet
12-18-2009, 08:41 PM
i agree that some sightings are every day objects and new aircrafts that come out, however UFO sightings were happening way before we were in the skies.

Sightings weren't really questioned up until WWII when we started battling in the sky. Pilots were seeing strange objects that defy any flying characteristics. Ally pilots thought they were German secret weapons, and Axis pilots thought they were US secret weapons. When the war was over, we realized we weren't sure where they came from. During the war, US pilots called them "Foo Fighters". Its were the band got their name from.

1964 - SR-71 *now retired*
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/sr71a.jpg

The designer of the SR71 Clarence Johnson has on record a UFO sighting a decade or two before he designed teh SR71 for Skunkworks. The same craft was also sighted by two pilots in teh same area with consistent description. Coincidentally, the wing shape was very similar to what Johnson designed. He died in the early 1990s and never answered whether the design had anything to do with sighting.

Silverbullet
12-18-2009, 08:44 PM
in space there actually would be friction..dark matter, globule clusters, and bits of space dust...reason why traveling at the speed of light would be impossible...impact with even the smallest grain of sand would be equivilent to a nuclear bomb...not good for the travelers

ah, i didnt think of the space dust!

Is dark matter actually matter? i was under the impression it was an invisible energy. I never really understood it.

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
i dont really understand it either other than the universe is full of it...

rc1honda
12-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah it's strange because of all the visible matter in the universe, it's not enough to cause enough gravitational pull to keep the galaxies together. There has to be something that has mass that is creating a gravitational pull but we just can;t see it. Maybe we will dicover a new spectrum of light almost like the inverse of the current spectrum. Like infra-violet and ultra-red.

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
galaxies are actually moving away from each other

rc1honda
12-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah i understand that but the shear mass in a galaxy does not create enough gravitational force to keep it together. That's how we know of the existence of dark matter.

I LUV MY S13
12-18-2009, 09:05 PM
well it is thought that at the center of all galaxies there a black holes..maybe that?

rc1honda
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
well it is thought that at the center of all galaxies there a black holes..maybe that?

True is is well accepted that super-massive blackholes usually lay at the center of every galaxy.

But a strange observation noted that stars the are orbiting on the outskirts of the galaxy are moving at the same speed as the stars that are orbiting closer to the nucleus of the galaxy. Near the blackhole.

This observation was a huge surprise because without the gravitational pull from the blackhole acting on these outside orbiting starts by all physics calculations these stars should be thrown from the orbit given there speed and mass.

This observation is the foundation of dark matter. Matter that's creating sufficient enough gravity to hold these stars in orbit, but unable to see and directly observe. We only know it's there indirectly.