PDA

View Full Version : ka24de help

lainardisboss
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
so im buying a 95' ka24demotor from another zilvian for 280 and its dissasembled
do you think its worth it? and ive never done a motor in my life nor do i have the
right tools for the job.
can someone build it for me?
or like help me?
i want to build it
but im afraid i wont have the time
and especially that i DO NOT HAVE RIGHT TOOLS
all i have are a bunch of rachet's and peices for it
also a place to work on it nearby
but i need major help because my ka24e has a blown head gasket
and i thought that buying a de woupld be better.
please help!

let5l1de
10-06-2009, 11:55 PM
contact me for rebuilding options.

~mario

jdm213
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
so im buying a 95' ka24demotor from another zilvian for 280 and its dissasembled
do you think its worth it? and ive never done a motor in my life nor do i have the
right tools for the job.
can someone build it for me?
or like help me?
i want to build it
but im afraid i wont have the time
and especially that i DO NOT HAVE RIGHT TOOLS
all i have are a bunch of rachet's and peices for it
also a place to work on it nearby
but i need major help because my ka24e has a blown head gasket
and i thought that buying a de woupld be better.
please help!

all you need is a little comon sence ans a torque wrench, but some things require expert help off course. I think you should get the engine because it will be more expensive to fix that blown up gasket and its a single cam , not there is nothing wrong with that but youll save money by getting the ka24de and itll be a better engine, more younger as less problems. trust me ive done this, i blew my shit up too. hope this helps :bow:

sidewaysonmy180
10-11-2009, 05:49 AM
if your going from a single cam set up too a duel cam set up be prepared for extras that youll need cuz you cant use computer wire harness. power steering has to be changed to the driver side just little things like that if i were you i would try and find a single cam less money. unless you have time and money then go duel it is the better choice.

lainardisboss
10-18-2009, 02:33 PM
thnks for the help guys

actually for now i decided to go single cam so i would just save a grip of money
im picking up a single cam soon
but dont have a place to swap it

jdm213
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
you can go to a public storage and do that their. Ive done some of my modding their and they dont tell you anything