PDA

View Full Version : 10 dollar Ebay Performance chips

twitchy
05-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Alright, I know what they do, what they are and how they work. Its a resistor, right that hooks up to like your MAF sensor or something..Personally Im not too impressed.. but i AM into cheap horsepower and I have this new tiburon GSR friend i'd like to smoke.

What I wanna know is this:
-has anyone on here bought one
-do they work at all (noticeable)
-is the seller reccommendable if I do buy (assuming it serves some purpose)

-can someone who knows more about engines than me tell me that this device wont hurt mine?

-TWENTY horses????!?!??!

Thanks for any advice at all

uiuc240
05-08-2003, 04:33 PM
hahahahah! no.

Eric

twitchy
05-08-2003, 04:35 PM
so have you tried one? tell me about it. I agree the whole idea is **** but I wonder if its worth trying at all

Dousan_PG
05-08-2003, 04:41 PM
its not worth
its a waste of money
but if you got it..spend it.
best way to learn is first hand expirience

twitchy
05-08-2003, 04:43 PM
dousan I was waiting for you to get your hands on this one...

waste eh?
I agree, without having tried one, just from reading what they do

I wonder if anyone on here has something good to say about them

Dousan_PG
05-08-2003, 04:46 PM
i dont waste money on KAs

ever see an infomercial? you believe those too?

uiuc240
05-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by twitchy
dousan I was waiting for you to get your hands on this one...

What the fcuk is that? Is Douchean God now? There is no possible way a RESISTOR can increase the performance of your car. The only thing that MIGHT happen is you could end up with a smoother idle if the MAF wiring is a bit shady and picking up electrical noise.

How much more technical of an answer do you want?

Electric $5 turbos don't work.
$10 resistors don't work
"Tornado" intake plastic thingies don't work
Octane boost is lame too
Spark plug wires aren't that special (unless yours are ****)
$25 4-electrode spark plugs are gay too.

Anything else you want? I've got some snake oil that would work great in your tranny though...

Eric

twitchy
05-08-2003, 05:19 PM
easy there killer

no dousan isnt god.

just that he sometimes has some colorful things to say about certain things

If you read about the third like in my original post, i say that I dont believe they work either, so no need to go off like that.

yes I know all that stuff you mentioned doesnt work either, although I didnt ask for any comments about them but thanks for the advice.

Snake oil in the tranny? Maybe it will take the crap off your rims too or is that on purpose??

Yoshi
05-08-2003, 06:12 PM
whoa now, this is getting personal now.
No need to attack someone's car, ESPECIALLY here.

twitchy
05-08-2003, 06:23 PM
id rather someone attack my car then attack my intelligence

"duh-huh, yeah, er, you can put some of that there snake oil in your tranny!"

dumbass

misnomer
05-08-2003, 06:28 PM
What's snake oil? How will it improve my 1/4 time? Or is it more of a drifting thing?

:-)

FlyingChicken
05-08-2003, 06:47 PM
dood... i got 2 of those resistor chips.. a tornado... and prolong in my car.... it runs 13's!

Yoshi
05-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by misnomer
What's snake oil? How will it improve my 1/4 time? Or is it more of a drifting thing?

:-)

snake oil VASTLY improves the performance of ANY car! when added to the tranny, the natural venom properties of venemous reptiles (thus "snake" oil is not the only type, it's just the most common; some amphibians work too! certain strains of toad oil are though to actually have the highest lubricating properties, but at $60 a bottle, at a liter each, I'll go with mamba)

what was I saying?
oh yeah, the venomous properties of such animals act as a natural lubricant that's proven to have natural bonding properties with PS/tranny fluid, the chemical reaction that takes place creates a unique kind of lubricant that is impervious to breakdown, higher even than synthetic blends. Unfortunately it has a reverse effect when exposed to motor oil, which is why you'll seldom hear of snake oil used in the engine itself... if the engine has AT ANY POINT had non-snake oil pass thru it, whether it be regular or synthetic motor oil, the venom seems to have degenerative effects that causes the oil to expand and contract greatly with heat, causing numerous obvious problems.

Cliff Notes:
-snake oil in tranny GOOD!
-snake oil in engine BAD!
-Mamba Snake Oil: best bang for the buck
-SlippyToad Oil: best venemous oil period, but WAY expensive!

:D

FlyingChicken
05-08-2003, 07:26 PM
you obviously havent tried super slippery venomous toad oil

krakadil
05-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I can't tell when the BS starts or when it ends.

AKADriver
05-08-2003, 07:41 PM
This thread: complete BS :D

krakadil
05-08-2003, 07:47 PM
I think the first two posts or so were good, after that I have no clue.

transient
05-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Yup, I agree