PDA

View Full Version : 240sx headlight problems after sleepy eye conversion

Katsumbhong
10-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Vehicle: 1992 240sx

Today I wired up a sleepy eye conversion to the "H/L Ret Cont" fuse, 4 wires between the relay and 2 pairs of wires going to switches.

After wiring them up, I tested out the switches. The headlamps were going up from the closed position flipping a switch on and off, like it's supposed to (did this on my 180 in jdm land).

After a few flips the headlamp stops moving, but lighting operation is normal.

*I tried messing around with the headlamp motor button in conjunction with the switches, it didn't fix the issue.

*I used a multimeter and tested the continuity of the wires and switches I fabbed up. The wires and switches were all good.

*I had an extra Relay and swapped that out with the relay I wired up, it didn't fix the issue.

*I checked all the fuses in and outside the cabin, all were fine and none had popped.

*I cleaned the contacts inside the headlight stalk as per this thread: how to fix your headlight problems: 240SX Forum / 180SX Forum / Silvia Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/280461) and it didn't fix the issue

*** I hear a clicking sound from the relay box area on the driver's side of the engine bay when I turn the headlights on from the left stalk. Don't know if the clicking is from the relay box or the headlamp motors.

Could I have possibly burnt out the headlamp motors?
What other Relays should I check other than the "H/L Ret Cont"?
Looked through the FSM and didn't find a Troubleshooting section with the headlamp motors, just a bunch of schematics I most likely will be looking over as long as I have a few beers first.

Thanks in advance if you have any good suggestions

-Anthony