PDA

View Full Version : sounds like messed up fire order???

Nutter_SR20DET
10-04-2009, 04:54 PM
yall got the pinout for the ignitor chip, maybe mine is wired wrong? also my timing is off but my valve cover has 1 stud that is loose and just turns, any ideas to get the cover off?
my car runs but shitty as hell, its like the fire order is messed up. i turn the key and its like dup dup dup dup dup, real rough and rich like raw fuel, im getting spark on all 4, so i dont know, been tryin to get this car running for a year now and im all out of money and patience, ive replaced the mafs and the ecu code J4 which is for the type x blacktop, so like i said im out of money so i need suggestions that cost free to like 20 bucks thnx

270R
10-04-2009, 09:04 PM
check your timing, and fuel pressure. make sure your within specification make sure you got no intake leaks. check the bov make sure its clamped down and not venting to atmosphere. battery voltage. and terminals clamped. are your coil packs within spec get an ohm meter and check em. make sure the gap on ur plugs are withing spec..

download the fsm and check ignition system, timing, and fuel system and make sure your withing spec... pull out your plugs and make sure there not carbon fouled..

Nutter_SR20DET
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
well im wondering now if i need a e5 ecu instead of j4 like it came with? ignitor chip is a 50F00, mafs is 50F00, ecu is 60F01. as far as fuel, im running 255lph pump, stock lines,rail and injectors 370cc. the headers aren't tight so thats a problem, i just stopped all leaks in my intake system, now double checking vac lines. still no change after all that. Anyone with an S13 blacktop, I need to find out what order the ignitor chip colors go for big and smaller plug.

Nutter_SR20DET
10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
the KA24E that i had in it before the SR was running the same way and i changed the fire order and it ran perfect so im thinking either the timing is like way way way off or the fire order is wrong. I need to get the valve cover off first to check timing. and regarding the ohms on the coils. do i just stick pos on the coil and ground neg? dont wanna fry nothin

270R
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
download the fsm for that year and go from there.. you obviously have an ignition problem.. heres the link for the fsm's : Nissan Factory Service Manual (FSM) (http://www.phase2motortrend.com/nifasemaf.html)

Nutter_SR20DET
10-23-2009, 09:20 AM
UPDATE, I got the FSM, Found TDC but the chain is way off there are no mating marks at all so now ive pulled the engine and began breaking it down via FSM to get to the timing chain to time it like that.... is there an easier way?

Nutter_SR20DET
10-23-2009, 09:25 AM
I read something about the multiport fuel inj system saying that in fail-safe mode symptoms like im suffering from will occur, 2 inj pulses simutaneously per engine cycle

So from that i didnt have the boost control solonoid hooked up? and i might have a bad knock sensor... those would cause that right, and what about the 02 sensor? all this will cause fail-safe mode correct?