PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket steering wheels on HICAS?

memphiss13
05-06-2003, 07:45 PM
i was reading through some post about HICAS and somebody posted that you can't have aftermarket steering wheels. is this true. or just another rumor like the one about not being able to get aftermarket shocks. just trying to get an idea of things that i can't do. heck i haven't even driven it yet. i don't know if i even like HICAS.

West
05-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Ive wondered this too, aparently there arent any Hubs that fit the HICAS model 240s, but again this is what companies tell us. I dont see how the HICAS model would be any dif, but then again I have never taken my steering wheel apart to see if anything is dif.

I know rear shocks and coils work on HICAS 240s since they are no dif then any other model. I have Apexi TMax shocks on my HICAS 240 now.

andrave
05-06-2003, 08:37 PM
actually the stock springs on the hicas were stiffer than the regular ones, if what I've read on this very board is true. but aftermarket ones fit no problem.
I've never heard of that steering wheel stuff, I wouldn't think they would change the steering wheel hub, that would be expensive. easy way to find out. pull your hub and check.

D-STYLE180SX
05-06-2003, 10:38 PM
I also heard that.
But I seen a Hicas equiped 180sx in a magazine w/a Nardi wheel.
It looks like the hub is bigger in diameter .
I think Nismo carries the hub , if someone has the Nismo cataloge
and understands Japanese please let me know.
Check the sections for the hubs, and you'll see two different listings for hubs w/Hicas.

Dousan_PG
05-06-2003, 10:41 PM
YES there is a difference in Hubs
its the tabs/dimples/nipples inside.

dont go by those pics!!
some companies hubs are bigger then others. i've seen it in person.

rps13sh
11-08-2003, 02:34 PM
so what kinda hub do us hicas owners need to buy? and where? its gonna be for my nardi wheel. help?

bl200sx
11-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Hummmm.......hey everybody check out my post.

I must be the very first person to do this mod to a Hicas car......hehe.

Here is post: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37064

rps13sh
11-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by bl200sx
Hummmm.......hey everybody check out my post.

I must be the very first person to do this mod to a Hicas car......hehe.

Here is post: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37064

check your thread again.