PDA

View Full Version : Bad brake master cylinder?

BoostedCoupe
09-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Ok so i had z32 front brakes only on my s13 for atleast 4-5months with out a problem. Until one day i was driving and after about 15-20mins the car would start to shake real bad, and the brake pedeal would get hard and it would pull to the right. So i drove home and parked it, drove it the next night and this time the rotor got glowing red. So i searched and found out it was most likely a seized calipar, so i put my stock front brakes back on, bleed them today. The car stops now but the car sounds like it has a wheel loose while going down the road and off the brakes. Now these calipars were fine when i pulled them of 5 months ago.

The rotos also are getting pretty hot again, and by the surface rust on the rotors i can tell that the pad is not touching the rotor even, because it is leaving a spot of surface rust around the rotor.

So does anyone have a clue to what my problem is? im using the stock auto brake master clyinder, the car is converted to 5speed

cliff notes

*drive car around brakes get glowing red and shakes the whole car
*changed what i thought was a seized 300zx brakes
*stock brakes on now feels like it has a loose wheel but lug nuts are tight.

Sileighty_85
09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Rotors are warped Turn/replace them

supreme_1
09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
once my caliper locked up and it got everything so hot that my balancing weights on my wheel fell off causing my rim/tire to be out of balance and made it shake like this.

does it sound like your hub bearing went bad?

BoostedCoupe
09-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Rotors are warped Turn/replace them
nope, it does it with two diffrent set of rotors. with the 300zx ones and stock ones.

once my caliper locked up and it got everything so hot that my balancing weights on my wheel fell off causing my rim/tire to be out of balance and made it shake like this.

does it sound like your hub bearing went bad?
I have had a car with a wheel bearing problem befor, and it did it all the time. My problem now only does it when i have been driving for a certain period of time. its like the brake keeps draging but i have replaced the calipars and it still does it.