PDA

View Full Version : Is there any shops that can do SR20DET conversion in Dallas?

Jsimons21
05-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi guys.

I am new.

I live in OKC. Are there any websites, shops that can do the S13 SR20DET engine conversion in Dallas, TX or in Oklahoma?

If you guys know I would be greatful.

Thanks!

James

Bbandit
05-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Boostfactor 972-399-0499
972-986-7298 815 N. Beltline Rd.
Irving, TX 75061

the only shop i know in irving..
im pretty sure theres a lot of nissan shop at dallas..
try searching yellowpages.com

Jsimons21
05-06-2003, 06:09 PM
THanks!

Are they a reputable shop? I know where Irving is.

Steeles
05-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Projectsilvia.com is in Dallas. and Im 99% sure they do swaps. I got my engine through them and they did my wiring harness. Roberts a great guy to work with :)

Bbandit
05-07-2003, 10:34 AM
ahh yess.. projectsilvia.. how could i forget..
both projectsilvia and boostfactor is reputable..
havent heard anything bad from them

Jsimons21
05-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Awesome!! Thanks for the help. I will try ProjectSilvia.

Ozone240
05-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Be very careful with Boostfactor. I think they (as in the owners) shut down that store, I am not sure why. Then they opened up another store called Cartune Texas. Seems very shady to me to open a business, close it, and then open another with a different name.

I do recemmend Robert and projectsilvia. Great guy with lots of parts in the warehouse.

Just curious, but have you thought about doing it yourself?

kevin

Bbandit
05-07-2003, 10:05 PM
yea.. do it yourself.. i'll help you out... its only about 8 hours drive from college station LOL
nah i was just joking

Jsimons21
05-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Never thought of doing it myself. I dont have a pulley to pull the existing engine out or the space in my garage.

DOes projectsilvia able to install an RB25DET engines into S13 240SX as well? I was thinking about that as well.

Tyler Durdan
05-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Boostfactor is no more. The guys who ran Boostfactor (Sammy) got an offer from Cartune of California to manage their new shop they were opening (he got a r32 skyline out of the deal) in Dallas off northwest highway. They closed boostfactor, and just re-opened under Cartune's name...very reputable shop also...I just don't know if I would let them do a swap for me though. I've seen a few swaps not done to well from them. Also, there is CTC Motorsports in Richardson / Dallas. Alamo Autosports would probably do the swap (these guys know their sh*t better than any other motorsports shop in DFW; demostic or import). Project Silvia also, but I have yet to deal with them.

Cliffnotes:

Cartune of Texas
CTC Motorsports
Project Silvia
Alamo Autosports <----my recommendation if they would do it.

Jim96SC2
05-08-2003, 06:34 PM
YOUR DRIVEWAY!:D

89s132b
05-08-2003, 10:31 PM
YOUR DRIVEWAY! - that gets my vote as well.

Projectsilvia does not do swaps, they just sell front clips. I just bought a front clip from them - I may be picking it up this weekend. :D I live in OKC and I am doing the swap myself - I can help you if you are serious. You can rent or borrow a cherry picker. Other than that you just need basic tools.

Jim96SC2
05-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Yeah, definitly only like a 4-5 on the difficulty rating.

Jsimons21
05-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Are you serious? Projectsilvia does not do swaps?
THat is cool that you live in OKC too.

Well I am wanting to put in a RB25DET. How much does it cost to rent a cherry picker? Also, what is entailed to install a swap yourself?

I have done some mechanic work, but never an engine swap.

popey
05-10-2003, 11:56 AM
I would suggest not going to BoostFactor / CarTune - a friend of mine got shafted going through BoostFactor, and I'm sure it hasn't changed because of a simple name change.

ProjectSilvia on the other hand is great, not sure if they do swaps for individuals, but if you have the money, im sure you can work something out with Robert, hes a cool guy - He has been getting really busy in the past months(He doesn't have time to be on the forums anymore) - so time might be an issue with doing a swap for you, other than that, he has the nicest parts list i've seen. Check them out - www.projectsilvia.com

Matt