PDA

View Full Version : Driftwater 4!!!! (Moyock, NC)

95KA-Turbo
09-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to pass this along. This is an amazing venue that offers a 1.1 mile course with off camber turns, a long sweeper and some elevation change. It is a PERFECT transition track between a parking lot/autocross event to a legit road track like VIR. There are virtually no places to seriously mess up and you get well into 3rd gear, possibly into 4th if you have the right vehicle.

Here is a short (and VERY shaky video) from the last event, showing a lap around the track and some shots from the paddock area. If you watch the video all the way through you can see how off camber the turn is:

YouTube - DW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BJLFnY7XE)

This is how you sign up:

First: Send your entry fee of 100.00 to (via PayPal) [email protected]

Then: Email [email protected]
Subject: Driftwater 4.
Body: Full name, paypal email, Type of car you will be driving.

Finally: You must fax 757-424-0776 or hand deliver a copy of your birth certificate or passport by Oct. 12th. If you have been to a driftwater event your info is already on file, no need to re-fax anything.

This event is open to both drift and grip drivers.

Moyock NC

Snell/DOT helmet REQ. Car must pass standard tech.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks!

You can get information on past events on VADriven.com in the Events section. Just search for Driftwater.

ATLspeed
09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
do it ppls...this event/track is so much fun. Its ridiculous that you literally drive your car at this event until you either: get tired, run out of tires, or your car breaks lol. Its a 1.1 mile track...so lovely

Chris28
10-01-2009, 10:34 PM
This place is about as legit as it gets. I went to the first 2, and I'll sure as hell be out at this one. The track is extremely beginner friendly as well as challenging for experienced drivers.

Nate Brasz was at the first one, he said he enjoyed the track.

95KA-Turbo
10-03-2009, 03:42 PM
I am at VIR now and I can say without a doubt that Driftwater prepares you for it really well. I was actually able to get the front section a few times.