PDA

View Full Version : A lot of brake pedal pressure after SR swap

dongoesby
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
So after getting the S14 SR running on my S14, the brake pedal is noticebly has more pressure and needs more effort to step on before the swap.

My brake system was change prior to the engine swap to complete front and rear r32 gtr 32mm brakes swap and 1" z32 brake master cylinder. This has made my brake pedal leverage less and I need some efforts to step on the pedal, but it able to lock four wheel at ~40mph.

Now, the brake pedal has more pressure (harder to step on). And I have endless cxx brake pads. It does not want to brake now too. The car was off ground for ~1 month.

Is there something wrong with the vacuum system? The brake vacuum line I fround in the SR has a valve in between the line. Is that cause the high pressure problem? Should i try and just use a normal vacuum hose instead?

270R
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
HAHA lol first off :since u said u had the brake swap done prior to the engine 1. make sure all your bleeder screws are on top side of the calipers front and rear or ull not be able to bleed properly ive seen people complain about this after the swap 2. no vac leaks plz. 3. did u bench bleed your mc prior to install ??? 4. adjust your mc piston by turning the ajuster 1/4 turn at a time or even 1/2 turn lol. 5. also make sure your pads are not binding/ sticking on the caliper pins cus this will cause a soft/spongy pedal make sure they slide freely lol 6. if iron calipers make sure the pistons are not stuck in piston bore lol check all that sorry if its all jumbled on there

1. check caliper bleeder must be on top on both front and back calipers
2. no vacc leaks? my s14 sr has 20in hg (-20 psi at idle) so should yours
3. did u bench bleed m/c "THEN" bleed the calipers???
4. pistons not stickin (if iron calipers (less likely alumn, does not rust ) cuz of rust due to the fact there from japan)
5. pads slidin freely
6. adjust ur m/c outward 1/4 at a time

if this works u owe me a 6 dollar # 4 from carls jr ^^

Sileighty_85
09-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Is there something wrong with the vacuum system? The brake vacuum line I fround in the SR has a valve in between the line. Is that cause the high pressure problem? Should i try and just use a normal vacuum hose instead?

that Valve is a check valve make sure its installed the correct direction, also make sure that line is hooked up to the Intake manifold

Brake Booster might be bad check it Per FSM

dongoesby
09-28-2009, 05:59 PM
270R, I don't know what you talking about for "adjust ur m/c outward 1/4 at a time", but I have done all above listed and the brakes were working fine except weird sounds that was assumed to be vacuum leak. (err..err..er. when stepping on the brake pedal to the bottom when the car is on.)

that Valve is a check valve make sure its installed the correct direction, also make sure that line is hooked up to the Intake manifold

Brake Booster might be bad check it Per FSM

I assume the KA brake vacuum hose has not valve in between and they vacuum hose should function for the same purpose. Therefore, is that ok to use a plain vacuum hose without valve?

270R
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
well what i meant was adjust the Master Cylinder pushrod 1/4 turn outward at time sorry bout that.

well the car needs a check valve inline with the vacc line to create a sort of residual vacuum to help with braking it works the same way as a pcv (positive crank case ventilation) valve (one way check valve) just some info lol

try checkin the brake booster for a torn diaphram. to do this u must have a check valve

what u do is turn on the car, let it idle, shut it off , then check if u can press the brake pedal it should feel as if you had the car on for about 3-4 presses then get hard if it does not hold for 3-4 you COULD have a torn diaphram within the booster or leaky check valve or it could be the seal on the check valve. if anythig remove the lines and check em individually for tears just my 2 cents lol even tho it looks like 2 dollars worth heheh ^^

dongoesby
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I just want to say thanks to you guys.

I have resolved this problem and found out I installed the vacuum line the wrong direction. Now it works like a charm.