PDA

View Full Version : *cough* the black lung!

Warwick5s
05-06-2003, 11:28 AM
well, i had been smelling it for a while, and noticed that my oil was disappearing, but today i finally saw it.

got on the throttle, looked in the rear view, and saw a nice 'airborne toxic event' behind me. crap.

so...could anyone recommend a product to put in my oil to temporarily put a halt to this, or at least slow the consumption of oil until i can do something serious about it?

West
05-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Just use a thicker weight oil or get the problem fixed, dont use special products that claim to stop oil burning, etc.

twitchy
05-06-2003, 12:37 PM
if you want a bandaid solution till you fix your rings or seals or get a new car, look for lucas oil, its something you mix into your engine oil.. Your engine takes what 4 liters or so? Well change it with one part lucas and 3 parts quaker state or whatever. The Lucas oil is thick and will stop or reduce smoking, its very thick and will gather itself around cracks and leaks where your smoke is being caused by.

not a fix but keeps people behind you happy till you fix it.

Look for it at places like Jiffy Lube and Pennziol (ie oil change places)

Dousan_PG
05-06-2003, 12:37 PM
go 20w50
:)
i do. works great on my 167K heavily tracked S13 :)

mrmephistopheles
05-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by twitchy
Your engine takes what 4 liters or so?
Quarts!!! There IS a difference. :D

twitchy
05-06-2003, 01:56 PM
I always use close to 4 liters and at always is the right amount (including a new filter)

yeah if there is a difference between a liter or quart I dont know

but you get the idea dude. Mix 1 part lucas oil to 3 parts engine oil and YOU decide what the "part" is