PDA

View Full Version : How do i get my SR inspected?

kassed33
09-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I've got a 95 240 with a SR swap. No cat. I have recently come into a problem of getting an inspection sticker. I've had the car swapped for a while and been able to get a sticker cause my cousin was working for a dealership and was able to hook me up by just plugging in another car. But he isn't there anymore and need to find a way of getting a sticker. First question is, is the car OBD2? Im pretty sure it is but never really had any reason to check or not and was asked by an inspection station. Second has anyone actually tried to legimatily get it inspected with no evap system and no cat, does it come even close to passing emissions? I'm afraid to try cause if it doesnt then i only got 30days to figure something out! I was thinking of trying to just put a cat on it for the inspection then taking it off after, but then i remembered that i welded my test pipe to my exhaust so i cant do that now. Any ideas or reconmendations would be greatly appreciated! Other than learning to spell.......lol Thanks

Sleepy240
09-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I've got a 95 240 with a SR swap. No cat. I have recently come into a problem of getting an inspection sticker. I've had the car swapped for a while and been able to get a sticker cause my cousin was working for a dealership and was able to hook me up by just plugging in another car. But he isn't there anymore and need to find a way of getting a sticker. First question is, is the car OBD2? Im pretty sure it is but never really had any reason to check or not and was asked by an inspection station. Second has anyone actually tried to legimatily get it inspected with no evap system and no cat, does it come even close to passing emissions? I'm afraid to try cause if it doesnt then i only got 30days to figure something out! I was thinking of trying to just put a cat on it for the inspection then taking it off after, but then i remembered that i welded my test pipe to my exhaust so i cant do that now. Any ideas or reconmendations would be greatly appreciated! Other than learning to spell.......lol Thanks

There is no LEGAL way to get your car inspected by anyone legit, since it WILL fail. You might want to try google for some of your simple questions, such as whether your car is OBD2 (not that this is difficult to figure out).

Keith
09-27-2009, 10:34 AM
1996 and up are OBD2. also get a cat.

projectRDM
09-27-2009, 11:01 AM
There is no LEGAL way to get your car inspected by anyone legit, since it WILL fail. You might want to try google for some of your simple questions, such as whether your car is OBD2 (not that this is difficult to figure out).

Exactly. Legally there is way to pass any inspection so you're faced with breaking the law any way you go, whether it's registering out of area, stealing a sticker, paying off someone, whatever.

g6civcx
09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
There is no LEGAL way to get your car inspected by anyone legit, since it WILL fail.

Correct. Your setup should fail federal requirements, and every state should fail you as well.

Good luck with everything.

fliprayzin240sx
09-28-2009, 05:04 AM
It's possible to pass the sniffer test but if they check the engine out and know its not a KA, youre done.

g6civcx
09-28-2009, 06:17 AM
they check the engine out and know its not a KA, youre done.

It's ok not to have KA. You can have other engines as long as it's an approved configuration the same year as the chassis or newer, and other stuff, like same type of vehicle, gas engine, etc.

The problem is the SR. Any RWD SR would not be an approved configuration because no car was ever sold in the US with this configuration.