PDA

View Full Version : Metal rattle noise after installing groundcontrol + koni yellows

beefcake6681
09-25-2009, 08:48 PM
After installing the groundcontrol + koni yellows in my S14, I constantly hear a metallic rattle sound coming from the rear driver's side. When I say constantly, I mean every time the car is moving, I can hear the rattle sound and it is freakin annoying! Anyone else here have this problem? Any discovered solutions or did I just forget to install something near the tophat?

Pacman
09-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Check and see if all the lines and hoses are connected and supported. Jack up the rear and put in gear, see if the noise is present. If in is, CAREFULLY start touching things to see where the noise is coming from.

beefcake6681
09-28-2009, 07:53 PM
It seems like its coming from the tophat making contact with the top strut mount. Another possible place it could be coming from is the threaded sleeve having a little space causing it to move around. I'm going to attempt to use sealant to fill the space between the top strut mount and the tophat. I might do the same for the sleeve.