PDA

View Full Version : CA18DET Engine Problems

Zushi
05-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Hey, for the past 6 months I've been working on a CA18DET swap into a 240sx(with a KA24). When I first started the engine, I had problems with my air flow meter and detonation sensor. I had assumed it was due to my custom wiring(the wiring harness I purhcased was cut so I tried to connect the two ends together....all 30 wires or so...heh). Anyways, I decided to fix that problem by getting a whole new wiring harness. I just installed it today, and it fixed my detonation sensor. Now my ECU only reads code 12, rather than codes 12 and 34. I have noticed one slight difference though. My wiring harness calls for two wires to connect to the alternator ground(as did my last harness) but on my alternator there is only a connector for one ground, not two. Could this be the source of my problem? I was thinking that maybe it is a ground that would control power to the air flow meter, causing the air flow meter to not have power, there for not to work. I know my air flow meter is in good condition, because I also replaced that as well. The only things I was thinking was that it was that extra ground wire that connects to my alternator(when I touch it to a ground or the alternator itself it will spark), or it could be the wiring of the harness near the headlight assemblies(I'm not sure if any of those wires control the air flow meter in any way, but I did do some custom work to it) or my ECU is bad, I've never seen an ECU go bad, but I'm not sure. If anyone has any info to help me, please let me know. You can e-mail me at: [email protected] Thanks for any help.