PDA

View Full Version : Offset License Plate Mount.

Legacy
05-05-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking about doing an offset mount for my license plate. Anyone have any ideas on how to mount it with maybe some brackets so I don't have to drill holes directly into the front of the bumper?

Thanks.

Dousan_PG
05-05-2003, 02:47 PM
l bracket woudl work
adey rigged up his home made "wangan style plate holder" so it folds up when driving fast
haha..works nicely

i say do that w/ the l brackets or maybe mount it infront of the lower air vent on the front bumper (yours is 91+ iirc right?)

adey
05-05-2003, 04:46 PM
hahaha... my "wangan style" license plate holder is gay!! :D It works, I suppose, but I think it'd be even more aerodynamic if I just left it in the stock place. :)

Dousan_PG
05-05-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by adey
hahaha... my "wangan style" license plate holder is gay!! :D It works, I suppose, but I think it'd be even more aerodynamic if I just left it in the stock place. :)

i think your headlights defeat the purpose hahahahaha..

Legacy
05-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
l bracket woudl work
adey rigged up his home made "wangan style plate holder" so it folds up when driving fast
haha..works nicely

i say do that w/ the l brackets or maybe mount it infront of the lower air vent on the front bumper (yours is 91+ iirc right?)

Yeah, I have a 91, good memory. I was thinking I'd put it in front of the lower vent for now with possibly some "L" brackets, but I wasn't really sure how I'd work that out yet. I thought about buying a Cusco Number Plate Stay... but if I can do it with some brackets and save $30, I'd rather do that.

Right now I'm just front plateless. :D

four
05-05-2003, 09:11 PM
hey gys, where can i get these brackets, i got pulled over by the same cop twice for not having a front plate. anyone know where, how much, and how to put these brakets on? i got a 95 s14

ny_jee
05-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by four
hey gys, where can i get these brackets, i got pulled over by the same cop twice for not having a front plate. anyone know where, how much, and how to put these brakets on? i got a 95 s14

http://www.japanparts.com/NissanParts/SilviaS14/Aero.htm

Look at the list under Cusco, or fab it yourself like adey.