PDA

View Full Version : rb25det

Desert punk
09-23-2009, 07:51 AM
i have read alot of post about the rb25det my ka is blown so i want to get a rb25det now i barely have enough to buy 1 so i dont have enough to pay to have some one put in. my mechanical skills is very limited. like i can change oil n shit but never took out or put a motor in my father has put a motor in a old 1972z im not saying its the same just saying i know some1 that has mechanical skills that i dont have to pay for i heard about the that swapping dvd from drifting.com but read some post that say it dosent help with alot of stupid stuff anyway could some1 tell me wat i need how hard it be and if i should try it THANKS

eh?
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
If you barely have enough to buy one how are you going to install it? There's a ton of support things you need to buy to do the swap right. Figure about $4500-5000 for a RB25 swap to do it right.
You could go half ass and not replace things and then have your engine destroyed a couple days later. That's happened to more than a few people who didn't replace the timing belt tensioner & idler pulley & stud & bolt.

Swapping in an engine is easy. Getting it running properly is the hard part. And for some reason the RB's are the hardest to get running right.

Desert punk
09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
well should i get a rb20

Sileighty_85
09-23-2009, 08:27 AM
well should i get a rb20

If you are limited on Money and Mechanic Skillz NO.
RB20 Parts are hard to find, and should have a preventive maint. rebuild done on it since its older than the RB25

Just buy another KA

zerodameaon
10-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Or an SR. Parts are abundant.