PDA

View Full Version : Ack!  I've lost my mind!

Jeff240sx
08-18-2001, 01:59 AM
I have been looking at the pros and cons of my SR20DET engine, as D-day is approaching, and then I read up on a SR vs. CA site.
Does anyone have unbiased info on whether or not to go with a SR.
From what I hear the CA can take more boost, and the SR piston walls flex and you gotta put sleeves into the walls.  
AHH!!! I just need info on the two, or stories about how your SR's piston walls suck!
*help*
-Jeff

West
08-18-2001, 05:33 AM
KA TURBO! :biggrin:

Thats all I gotta say.

kitoro
08-18-2001, 12:35 PM
I think Jeff is really looking for top-end power than torque.

I've heard many disputes about the SR vs. the CA.
all I can tell you is i luv both engines. The CA has it's advantages in being a better engine overall, handling boost and all that. however, it's largest disadvantage is that it is no longer being produced by Nissan and finding parts to fix the engine will be COSTLY.
The SR is still in production, parts are easier to find and replace/repair. It may not be able to handle boost as well as the CA, but if you put the money into it, you can make it perform.

that's how i see it.
i heard another bonus for the CA is that it's relatively cheaper than the SR i believe... i think. hmm.. someone confirm this for me..

ca18guy
08-18-2001, 05:12 PM
Jeff do you know how much a ca18 costs in the states, i may want to put one in a s13 when i move back to the states. The equation of $1500 for S13 and $2000? for a ca18 sounds like a good daily driver to me, Anyway the cost to replace parts for ca18 would not be any more expensive then a sr20 there just harder to find, goto www.norrisdesigns.com for some stuff on upgrades on both motors (there HP rating are alittle off) there prices are expensive IMHO but it shows you the potential of both engines.