PDA

View Full Version : Clutch suggestions?

syco3d
05-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Ok my clutch is slippin and sliding more then two humpin tree frogs. I'm looking at putting in either ACT street clutch, or the Centerforce Dual Friction.

Now I've heard many people saying not to get the centerforce, but I don't have the $$$ for an ACT. If you guys have any other ideas/recomendations I would be glad to hear them. Basically I want better then stock, but can't afford much more then $250... (PDM has the centerforce for $245 + $20 throw-out bearing)

the head
05-05-2003, 10:59 AM
spec clutches are nice include T/O bearing and alingment tool
www.enjukuracing.com and are in between on price

syco3d
05-05-2003, 11:10 AM
doh! ...forgot all about that one. ...any1 else have feedback/suggestions/opinions?

muskrat
05-05-2003, 11:16 AM
While on this subject let me bring up this for ideas.

The clutch in my car is Spec Stage 1 that is only a few thousand miles old, but due to some circumstances the clutch is completely dead and I had to order something else. I just bought an OEM Exedy clutch and was wondering if I could use the Spec pressure plate with it (as long as it is in good shape) or will the heavier pressure plate tear up my Exedy OEM clutch disk?

Yoshi
05-05-2003, 11:20 AM
is this for KA or SR?
I have a spec stage2 on my SR, it's works great, and I've gotten compliments aplenty from those I let drive my car about how "stock" it feels. However there are slight fitment issues w/the SR, but they're very minor, and I've noticed no negative effects, all-in-all, I like it a lot :)

syco3d
05-05-2003, 11:26 AM
yoshi: for a KA ...hopefully turbo b4 not toooo long. But i'm planning on having to get a new clutch then. Just can't afford a better one at this moment.